Herb Stewart Memorial Challenge Dates

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But right now we has to sleep! We have a race to finish in the AM..........

Yee- haww ..............

Man what a day,

First and foremost I would like to thank all that entered and attended the First Annual

(and one of many more to come)

Herb Stewart Memorial Challenge.

Those that made the ride and all the local racers that participated- you guys are "THE BEST"

A HUGE THANK YOU .................. B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

Some great racing from some of the best racers around- period. Hopefully when the dust settles and everyone gets settled back in , you will hear the stories , my suggestion is to put this one on your calender for next year now- Its gonna grow like a weed and there just may be a few more surprises for next year :rolleyes:

Get some pics up here shortly and spill the beans on who won the Overall Champions Trophy- But I will say- it aint leaving Fla this year ;)

Btw - 10 LeMans starts between ModVp and F/E without a hitch- a few close calls - but not a single wreck to date since we started it 2yrs ago :eek:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATION'S -

Mike Culhane-

First ever Overall Champion of the Herb Stewart Memorial Challenge Traveling Trophy.

Your name is first on that list as long as it survives my friend- thats pretty awesome.

Enjoy looking at it for the next 364 days- cause your gonna have to come back and defend it :eek:

Has a nice ring to it if you ask me ;)

Great job buddy- you earned it. B) B) B)

2rzt5z5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam Culhane , you pretty !!!!!! Had a great time at this race . Thanks to all who put it on and also Mic Halbredher for providing my sponsored rides in 20 Stock and 45 SS . Had a great time and learned a lot about these fun classes ..just great !

BTW Mike , got close on that last 45 heat after a small hook .....near miss ..sorry !! :D :D :D :D

Dam Culhane , you pretty !!!!!! Had a great time at this race . Thanks to all who put it on and also Mic Halbredher for providing my sponsored rides in 20 Stock and 45 SS . Had a great time and learned a lot about these fun classes ..just great !

BTW Mike , got close on that last 45 heat after a small hook .....near miss ..sorry !! :D :D :D :D
I'm pretty sure had Junker know how close it was , he would have wished you took Mike out- :ph34r:

it was VERY close between three awesome racers for the Overall when it was all said and done :blink:

I enjoyed watching you run tunnels as much as anything this weekend Foley-

Mic - the man says he needs some HP on those rent a rides next time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a GREAT weekend! Was so good to see some people i havent seen in a while, and meet some folks i havent run with before...Congratulations Mike Culhane...MAN! Your stuff is FAST! Jimmy Duncan, i cant thank you enough for the free Mod VP ride for the weekend...driving that thing was a BLAST....sure keeps ya on your toes! Andy, Georgeanna, Randy, and Tom, you all did a great job keeping it all fun. Good job runnin them TUNNELS Go Fast! I Need to get off my butt and start puttin together a Mod VP! :)

The Duncan clan had a great time this weekend. A big thanks goes out to Andy, Georganna, and eveyone else that put this race together. It was two days of fast hard tunnel racing. With no BS. ;) . If you like racing rc tunnel hulls you got to make this race.

Andy it was great to meet you and Georganna.

Bill your welcome to the boat any time you need it. We were glad to see it run. It was nice meeting you.

We enjoyed bringing some of that bling North to GA.

Had a blast with you guys, thanks for a great weekend! Just got home a couple hours ago... made it to Lake City Sunday night before the eyelids started getting heavy. Drove the last 4 hours this morning, and it was white knuckle the whole way! The crazy wind was giving my little Jeep and camper heck on the interstate! Had a few pucker moments to say the least.

Enjoyed it, ~ Gabe

Glad your home safe Gabe- Thank You guys again for making the ride, means a-lot ;)

Was a pleasure to meet the Duncans and Don Gilbert as well, thanks for playing lake security in the eve's - well sorta :lol:

oqg28p.jpg

Thanks for the congrats guys! Couldn't have done it without the help of friends like Ron Drake, Randy Premo, Jeff Whiddon, Bill Britton, Tommy Cardoso, Gene Mongar and most of all John Otto. Thank you guys for getting me up to speed and for your friendship. Congratulations to the other winners... James, Jimmy, Don, Shawn and Mic. Great job guys! Well Andy and Georgeanna...you pulled off an awesome event! Thank you for all you did to make this happen. I'm sure Herbie enjoyed watching from above. Lets talk about racing.... There were more fast 20 mod tunnels here than at the last Tunnel Champs. Now that's sayin' somethin'! 40 mod tunnel was unbelievable with Duncan and Whiddon running down Otto. That was a site to see! Poole, once again Mod-VP was dominated by Shawn and Jeff's Vision Crafts. Gabe, your FE stuff is crazy fast. Let me tell you something...if you out run Mic and Jay, you done something! Those guys are as good as it gets. Good job! Jay, Gene Mongar once told me " If you want to have a bad day of racing, bring a woman! "Lol!!! I'm afraid that was your downfall. Now, I wouldn't tell you not to bring her cause man she really lit up the pit area. lmfao! Anyway-. This was a great race. And you know what makes a great race...great people. Tunnel guys (except RS) and gals are a breed apart. Had a blast with all of ya and can't wait for next year. Going to be bigger and better. Thanks again, MIke

LOL and a chuckle as Mike hit things right on. Nothing kills a racer like the "sniff". Oh well I have Max comming up and he is better mechanically at 6 than Jay is at 36.

Great job by everyone and thanks to the Brandon club for hosting. With wind that kept us from putting up our canopies, the race outcome was not affected by weather. Not a better tunnel site than Brandon. Spring tunnel event? As Mike said the competition was stiff and no easy heats anywhere. Look at the results on RCracingevents and you'll see there are some new names dominating. The new sherrifs are here and only going to get better. If your not on your A+ game you wont even place here.

Loved the beach starts in FE. Like Randy said at times it looked like you turned the kitchen lights on and the roaches scattered. No carnage in all the starts we have run so far and gives you an added driving challenge. Wish some other races would give a shot at the tri-oval course. I don't know if anyone got any video as we used up a lot of people pitting and launching.

No loosers at this race just some like myself who didn't come prepared for the storm (pun intended). I outpointed Gabe but he kicked Jay and I all over the course. Mike Culhane is the first Stewart winner and deservingly so. The Duncans are getting better every race. Gabe and Don represented the CMBC taking several medals. The tunnel rookie list included Mongar,Cardoso, Gibson and Foley. Regulars John O and Shawn J plus Jeff Connelly, Jeff Westbrooke, Ron Drake and Jeff Whiddon rounded out an all-star roster.

Saving the best for last thanks to Andy & Georgianna for working hard before after and during a classic tunnel boat race. Randy as always the CD extrordinair.

Mic

Andy,

Please post those over on the Outboard and or FE forums with the title Lemans Beach starts & tri oval races so more people get the idea. pictures worth 1000000 words.

Mic

CONGRATS TO MIKE CULHANE OVER ALL WINNER. JOB WELL DONE. A SPECIAL THANKS TO ANDY & GEORGANNA FOR THEIR HARD WORK AND GREAT HOSPITALITY. I WOULD LIKE THANK JOHN ALTO (OTTO), TECNOLOGY FUELS, GENE MONGAR, "MIKE CULHANE", VISION CRAFT BOATS SHAWN JUNKER, JEFF CONNELLY, JAY & MIC. HALBEHDER , GABE, DON GILBERT FOR ALL THE HELP AND RANDY PREMO (GREAT JOB CALLING THE RACE). WE HAD A GREAT TIME AND LOOK FOWARD TO NEXT YEAR'S RACE. THANKS AGAIN HAROLD & DALE DUNCAN. p.s. Corey sends his regards for slowing down the pace of the race. He wasn't as fast as he wanted to be, but I told him to keep chasing Otto, Culhane, Junker, Connelly and his time will come. Thanks from his mom, you guys are truly good sports and the best!

Glad to see everyone had a good time.... makes it worth the effort! Was good to meet some really nice people and see a bunch we already know. Congrats again Mikey. :)

Jay you just need to tell that woman that the lake is NO place for 4 inch...... ummmm... heels and short shorts....I'll leave it at that. Speaking of... Gee thanks Mike! ("If you want to have a bad day of racing, bring a woman!")

It was a real pleasure to put on an event and have everyone be pleasant. Thank you all for making it so easy.

Back