Help with CMDI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Santistevan

I could really use some help, I am at my wits end after 18 months I still do not have all the parts I need to complete my Eagles. For the moment I will not go into the whole deal but I would appreciate anyone who has any influence with Andy Brown to help me get the rest of my boats. I paid Andy almost $2K and I cannot believe I still do not have my parts.

Right now all I am missing is cowls, he sent me the new expoxy glass cowls but they were poorly trimed and as a result they will not fit and I cannot use them. I will not be happy if I hear "next week" one more time.

I am sure that other people have gotten their boats and other products from him in the last 18 months so apparently he is just not motivated to get me my parts since he has all my money (foolish me).

D

David,

I am not going into full details but I never received my Turn Fin, and flex shaft with the boat I bought new, I called, emailed, left messages and finally gave up, and got a used one from a friend. I would think that if I would not get the parts he would at least refund the price of the missing parts, that never happened either. I am not bashing this company, but I did have this same situation happened and finally resulted to getting these items elsewhere.

Beau

Last edited by a moderator:
I could really use some help, I am at my wits end after 18 months I still do not have all the parts I need to complete my Eagles. For the moment I will not go into the whole deal but I would appreciate anyone who has any influence with Andy Brown to help me get the rest of my boats. I paid Andy almost $2K and I cannot believe I still do not have my parts.

Right now all I am missing is cowls, he sent me the new expoxy glass cowls but they were poorly trimed and as a result they will not fit and I cannot use them. I will not be happy if I hear "next week" one more time.

I am sure that other people have gotten their boats and other products from him in the last 18 months so apparently he is just not motivated to get me my parts since he has all my money (foolish me).

D
thats good to know cause I was going to drop a few grand on a new CMDI gas rigger

Kevin, I need two cowls for the nitro .45 boats. I have talked with Andy serveral times and he seems like a really nice guy with all the best intentiontions but this approach to doing business is just not acceptable.

Thanks!

Dave

D
Are the cowls cut too small ?

the reason i ask is almost every boat mfg will not trim the cowl for you

you need to sand them to fit and cut the hole for the engine ect

when i got my 45 sgx the cowl wasnt cut out
roadrunner is the way to go,,fast,,great service and the cowls are already trimmed to fit,,go to source,,kits,,roadrunner,,ralph's number is there,,he does build a great boat

They were cut uneven and too small so I can't sand them to fit. I have no problem triming them myself if they were too big.

D

They were cut uneven and too small so I can't sand them to fit. I have no problem triming them myself if they were too big.

D
So as to use the ones you have for now, What you can do is make a 1/16" ply deck for the engine area to fit the inside of the tub. Cut the raised section (bubble) off the flat section that is now too small and position it on ply deck and trace around it. Move the mark about 1/8" to 1/4" in and cut opening and glue to the new fabricated plywood deck, cut out opening's in cowl and voila.... nice fitting cowl. I have done this before and it actually works better than the flimsy ABS plastic cowls.

I did the same with a 67 SGX as suggested by Duck899. The previous owner never bothered to fit the cowl to the boat and the front section of the cowl was cracking in half. Once the 1/16 plywood was mounted to the cowl it was good to go and it fit the boat better than leaving it stock.

Brad

The new cowls are epoxy and glass. The new one I got was very strong. Just it is harder to make a cowl out of epoxy than polyester resin.

Epoxy leaves lots of bubbles in the piece as it dose not flow as good.

It will take a little time to get the new layup right.

In the end I think it will be a much better cowl than the old ABS.

Cut the man a break new things take time to get right.

It will be worth the wait.

David

David, I think I have given Andy and exceptional break, for 18 months he has had $2k and I still do not have complete boats I paid for. I have been extremely patient and tolerant trying to work with him. Now I just want to finish my boats.

The new cowls are epoxy and glass. Just it is harder to make a cowl out of epoxy than polyester resin. Epoxy leaves lots of bubbles in the piece as it dose not flow as good
despite potential bubbles I'd still prefer epoxy-glass over polyester lay-up any day, it's stronger, lighter and more resilient.
Moreover I wish the fuselage (and even the sponsons) were fabricated from epoxy-glass as well (personally), would be able to produce more product quantities.

Well, I may have a couple of .45 Eagles Completely built, finished and ready for paint minus cowls for sale here pretty soon. It's crazy no response to phone calls or emails.

David,

I just got two boats from AB last year. He is a very good person and I know that if you are having trouble getting a hold of him something must be going on. I have not talked to him in about two months now but I do need to get a hold of him for the hardware for my SGX 60 which I got from him in August of 2012. I will call him and see what is up and get back to you. The most recent information that I have for Andy Brown & CMDI is as follows: I Hope that this helps you.

17364 66th. Street

Live Oak, Florida 32060

phone #

386-208-1036, 386-330-2420, 386-249-3451

Update!!! I have been calling AB all day today but nothing. This is not like them something must be going on. I will try tomorrow and I will also send some emails and keep you posted. I'm sure that we should hear from him soon...

Update!!! I have been calling AB all day today but nothing. This is not like them something must be going on. I will try tomorrow and I will also send some emails and keep you posted. I'm sure that we should hear from him soon...
normal for them

Last time I heard from them was early January. Still waiting on a cowl and rudder assembly for my gas SGX. Question: are any other rudder assemblies suitable replacement? I realize some cutting may be involved but I am concerned about the width and base bolt pattern. I am stuck until I get the rudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back