Help with a hyperperformance mount

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John MacLean

Can anyone tell me what modifications, if any, I need to make to the hinge pin (? not sure of correct terminology) in order to use a a REK lower unit with a Hyperperformance mount? I have a REK installed on the transom of my kneeler hydro and have found it to be a major pain to make any adjustments to it. This was my first build and first outboard and I wasn't savvy to the issue untiI I had removed the motor a few times during the initial build and set up and then tried making some trim adjustments at the river.

The new mount looks to be a slick little unit but I noticed that the pin configuration is different than the pin in the REK which is inserted from the bottom and held in place with a small retaining clip. No such feature with the hyper performance pin. It seems to be designed to insert from either top or bottom. I am wondering what keeps it from falling out. What am I missing here? Are the hyperperfromance legs configured differently in the way they attach to the mounts?

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have an older hyperformance bullet lower. the pin goes in from the top & has a shoulder at the bottom to keep it in place. the nitro engine pto covers the top of the hole. electric conversions may not cover the top. you could dril & tap a small hole for a set screw to hold the pin........

Here is a pic of the Hyperformance FE motor mount Robin. Maybe you can tell if it would cover the pin hole.

BTW - You should really get one.... :D

35-ELEC-OB-CONV.jpg

i have an older hyperformance bullet lower. the pin goes in from the top & has a shoulder at the bottom to keep it in place. the nitro engine pto covers the top of the hole. electric conversions may not cover the top. you could dril & tap a small hole for a set screw to hold the pin........
Thanks for the reply. I will give that solution some careful consideration. I checked the dimensions on the mounting holes and there is enough of a difference between the two mounting plates that I had to epoxy in the lower holes in the transom and locate two new ones. will let the epoxy cure overnight before attempting to drill the new holes. I am using an aluminum backer plate inside the transom so I'm not too concerned about re-drilling the transom.

Latest posts

Back