help with 1/8 scale shipping

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohn

Hi guys, a friend of mine is selling some 1/8 scale boats that may need shipping, how do you guys ship 1/8 scale boats?

John R.

Go to a bike shop and get a box or spend the bucks for a custom box. I work at a Ford dealer and use Diesel 6.0 radiator boxes. hope your shipping in the USA or grab your ankles..........

I ended up actually getting 2 bike boxes and making one out of it for the last boat I shipped. $120 (w/$2000 insurance) FedEX from Seattle to San Diego
Sounds about right, I sent one to FL UPS- around $125 for box and shipping-no ins. so FedEX sounds like the better deal.

This may sound crazy but is very doable and I have shipped car bumpers this way.

Call your local GreyHound bus depot and buy your boat a ticket. Greyhound has tracking and everything.

for boxes that big that is what I would do. I shipped a 93' Stealth front bumper from Seattle to Florida for less than 100 bucks. Plus i could track the bus online the entire trip and it took only a day or two longer than fedex ground.

...or go the grab your ankles route :)

Latest posts

Back