Help me identify my hull....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoktorC

Hey guys...I'm sorta new to the site but I've been an R/C boater for years. About 16 years ago I bought this mono used with a vintage K&B 3.5 outboard and it runs great. I know it's no race boat but it's fun for running around infront of our cottage in the chop and wind. A friend happened across an exact copy on ebay and bought it a few years back and now we're looking at finding another (so we can all race...). The issue is I've only ever seen the two of them...there was a rumour that there was a guy up here in Canada making them but that was all the info I've been able to glean about the boat. Any info????

Thanks,

Rick

Mono1.jpg

Mono2.jpg

Hey guys...I'm sorta new to the site but I've been an R/C boater for years. About 16 years ago I bought this mono used with a vintage K&B 3.5 outboard and it runs great. I know it's no race boat but it's fun for running around infront of our cottage in the chop and wind. A friend happened across an exact copy on ebay and bought it a few years back and now we're looking at finding another (so we can all race...). The issue is I've only ever seen the two of them...there was a rumour that there was a guy up here in Canada making them but that was all the info I've been able to glean about the boat. Any info????
Thanks,

Rick
Rick, it could be an AC mono made by AC boats out of Kelowna B.C

keith

looks like a first gen. prather 31 inch hull. The second gen looked more like an offshore.

Time period is about right too

Curt

Cool. The new version doesn't seem to have the lifting strakes all the way back...I wonder why that is. I seems that most monos are like that. I've always thought that strange.

Here's a new pic. After paint.

monopainted.jpg

Prather made an outboard and off shore 31" 3.5 inboard. The lifting strakes where on the out board if I remember right.

That deck is a dead give away it is a first generation Prather. I owned one for 4-5 yrs.

Currt

That deck is a dead give away it is a first generation Prather. I owned one for 4-5 yrs.
Currt
Kinda goofy isn't it?? I've actually had this boat for 18years (not the 16 I originally thought)..it was/is my very first nitro boat.

Thanks,

Rick
that boat is not what you guys are saying is a prather classic. that boat is the first generation magic hull. we ran these years ago in, a outboard mono in namba dist. 19. they ran very well with k/b 3.5 outboards. we use to call them bath tubs.

that boat is not what you guys are saying is a prather classic. that boat is the first generation magic hull. we ran these years ago in, a outboard mono in namba dist. 19. they ran very well with k/b 3.5 outboards. we use to call them bath tubs.

Thanks for muddying the waters lol. I was all set to believe it is a prather!! :)

Any idea where I could find another?

Looks like a Crapshooter to me............................... :huh: :huh: :p ;)

Pay no attention to me Doc. That's a really old inside joke.

Thanks for muddying the waters lol. I was all set to believe it is a prather!! :)

Any idea where I could find another?
i see them time to time on ebay the last person i knew had one and raced them was richard hazzlewood in needles, california

Thanks,

Rick
believe it or not one of these old magic hulls just showed up on ebay its in a photo of with a youngblood he is selling them both cheap also the pink one is the magic

Back