Help!! Hydroplanes Stolen

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Maupin

Hello everyone,

Two of my scale hydros were stolen from my garage last night. One is the '75 Atlas Van Lines and the other is the '77 Miss Esquire Products. If you see or hear anything about these boats, please contact me.

Thank you,

Kirk Maupin

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah youre in trouble coz youre in an area where everyone knows what thunderboats are so even a non modeler would know they were worth alot.

Kirk Im sorry man 4 real it hurts to be violated that way. I had over 5000 dollars of equipment and tools stolen from me back in december MNAN I know how this feel. i had to pray to remove the feelings of really wanting to hurt someone over my ****.

Last edited:
I hope they show up Kirk,those are some fast boats. Im sure all the NW guys will be on the lookout. Is that all thats missing?

yeah dead giveaway its someone you know or a fool followed you home from the lake. It all just makes you mad-er

yeah dead giveaway its someone you know or a fool followed you home from the lake. It all just makes you mad-er
I think it is just a random theft. Or maybe someone had seen them from the street. The garage door was left open all night. I haven't run either of those boats for a year or so. The Atlas had been run over at a race early in the season last year and had never been repaired. The cowling is still on my tool box. Go figure,
Kirk

Kids around there anywhere? random no no one comes into a garage to steal and only take two rc boats. See you live in a nice pretty place. im talking about the streets baby. No one comes in and randomly steals only two sacle boats. I can tell you the average man would see them as toys and look for a camara ,tools or something like that. HED know they are too speacialized and hed have a hard time to find a fence for it without the chance of getting caught. But a boater will quikly paint them and sell them off or be even bolder and run them.
the looking in the garage is a possiblity but who theyd be most desireable too in that scenario is kids. If you have a son that shows your stuff off start there im tellin ya ive seen it athousand times. RC models can be make a child lose his mind. they will lay in the bed and dream about your boats and be compelled to take one as they have no other way to get a scale boat. Coz the price is so high.

Last edited:
Stupid mistake, trust me I was shocked when I opened the door to the garage and the cold air hit me. I couldn't believe it.

I will keep my eyes open for you Kirk. Sorry man! One of my moms boat was stolen out of our car at a race in Portland, never saw it again. Not fun. Hopefully yours will turn up! At least you hadn't fixed up the atlas yet.

Back