Help for Prather Lap Cat 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Pagé

Hi, i would like to know if someone had success with the old lapcat 2 tunnel ?

We have to guys that really have problems to adjust them! No one is able to turn easely with these hull! In the straight line it's not a problem but when they try to turn right, these hulls seems to roll over or hook :angry:

Is there a way to stabilise this boat or should they use it for our next fire camp :blink:

They both run with stock k&b 7.5

Yes the fin is there!

Someone wrote me a private message to tell me that there is nothing to do with the handling of this boat! He tried everything :blink: ...except the campfire :)

I used to race a 32" racing tunnel. This boat was very quick in and out of the turns when set up right. I also had a lap cat 1 and when it began hooking in the turns I would bend the turn fin in towards the center of the hull a little at a time till I got it where it turned at full speed without hooking. This works.

Alan.....

Try putting a 1" spacer between the transom and engine mount (in other words, move the engine back 1") ;)

PJ has the right idea for the LapCats in getting the motor back away from the transom, My first competition RC Boat wasa Prather Lap Cat with of course a K&B 3.5 on it. Not perfect but you can race em and have a blast!

Ron

Back