Help for a Pinkert round nose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolwitools

Hi Guys!

A while ago, I got a nearly brand new 36" Pinkert "Thunderboat" hydro from an Intlwaters member.

I really like the classic style of the hull and I will be running it as a pleasure boat with a mild .82 motor.

Originally, it had a 3/16 solid shaft. That has been replaced with 1/4 flex shaft ( running in a straight line) with an solid angle strut mounted under the hull so the prop was just in front of the transom.

Being that the strut has been "modified" beyond use, I want to know if I should go back to a solid shaft and the original configuration, or go to a transom mounted adjustable strut.

Either way, I will have to replace the stuffing tube.............

Any comments will be helpful.

Thanks,

Bob the Fool :blink:

First I think that the .82 would be a bit much for a 36'' hull ..But if that what you want I'ed say go for it.. :D 1/4 " flex shaft wouldn't hurt and a adjustable strut would be my choice too.. Have Fun and let us know how it works out.. I ran a 67 in a sport boat once ,but it was heavy enough to handel the power..It was a blast to run,but could not race it in any class we had...

Bob, if you go with a flex cable make sure there is some bend in the stuffing box...a gentle "S" bend is best. A 1/4" (or any size flex cable) shaft running straight will shake your boat to pieces.

Have fun,

Glenn

Glenn Quarles said:
Bob, if you go with a flex cable make sure there is some bend in the stuffing box...a gentle "S" bend is best. A 1/4" (or any size flex cable) shaft running straight will shake your boat to pieces.
Have fun,

Glenn

100030[/snapback]

Thanks Glenn,

That's why I'm replacing the one now in the boat.

Bob the Fool

Latest posts

Back