help fix my wof

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dion26

hey all i was driveing my wof 2 day and it went off air and crashed in 2 a wall any way the left sponsen at the front is a bit stuffed how do i fix this

dion26 said:
hey all i was driveing my wof 2 day and it went off air and crashed in 2 a wall any way the left sponsen at the front is a bit stuffed how do i fix this
114302[/snapback]

Maybe some pics of the damage will help us

Gino

sorry i tryed 2 do the pic but i cant load them into my gallary

we did get it going i wat 2 race u i havnt yet greg

wot day can ya come over ad wot do i need 2 get 2 fix it

laters dion

Pulsetech said:
at least we got it going hardGreg B)

114304[/snapback]

Well that's the important bit. - makes it all worth it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - marvellous what a bit of epoxy and paint can do

No worries Dion, seems like Greg has it all under control regarding the repair

Have Fun :D :D :D

Let's see if I can post a couple of photos to help with the repair.

First cut the sponson back to gain a flat surface to attach the replacement tip.

This photo shows a 3/8" wood dowel glued into the sponson to provide a brace for the sponson tip.

JD

Next, you'll need to make the replacement sponson tip.

Greg's steps cover the basics to the repair.

A nice feature of WOF hulls is they can be repaired fairly easily.

This photo shows the foam replacement tip with a couple of the sheeting pieces.

JD

In attaching the replacement tip to the main sponson, the important thing is to get the parts aligned correctly.

The attached photo shows a foam wedge and lead cylinder used to hold the replacement tip in place while the epoxy cures.

Once the tip is attached, the sheeting can be applied, and the tip refinished.

I have more photos if there's anything else you might want to know regarding fixing a smashed sponson tip.

JD

Back