headrcboats2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennywizz6 said:
If he is banned it bans his ip address so he is unable to make a new account, he only can if he only replys on a different computer. Even if you post who he is on top of the for sale section he will just change his name.
Its not [email protected] is it? Some other guy?

Phil :angry:   <_<   :eek:
Banning IP addresses is a very old method of blocking people and with everybody except for businesses or rich folks having their address assigned by DHCP, you'll never stop the guy. Let's follow what's been recommended and if he gives any trouble, we give him the SMACKDOWN!

And NO! it's not rcboats2. Rodney's a great guy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"maybe we should upgrade and install a spell checker so that everyone can understand what he’s typed"

This, I believe should go for everybody. I have difficulty understanding quite a few posts on this forum because of misspellings. Let's be glad that JD's off of his teacher kick...so many would fail his class! :ph34r:

Just my $.02

Snowdog

This topic is always quite hilarious. Very interesting to see all of the people chiming in.

Incorrect information posted here and there. 1st off Mark races in District 19 and not District 9 as stated. I have raced with him several times.

He always has a very satisfactory feedback rating with ebay. Sure there are some bad deals, but he always seems to have 9 good dealings for about every 1 bad dealing. That is just life, especially when you are dealing in quantity. Also, he is not selling brand new equipment all the time.

There are lot of jackasses that think just because they bought an old relic off of ebay, that it should be in like new or better condition. That is just not the case. I look at many of his auctions and wonder how the hell he sells a few things. Some things are so rough as evidence by the pictures. People that use EBAY these days don't use common sense before purchasing, they just feel that a FEEDBACK will be a crutch.

I am sorry if some people have been taken advantage of by MARK. Keeping him off of this message board because of he said/she said rhetoric is absolutely ludacris.

He did get back to me and offered to deliver it in person to "make it right." Sounds like a good gesture to me.

Adam

TomMoorehouse said:
ok.... well see what happens. ill remove his suspension..... let me knoe if there is a problem.
tom
Actually, he's already active here under a different alias.............

headrcboats2 said:
Yes, :unsure:   thanks for the motor Don. B)
.....and I should also add no problem with our transaction either BUT I was the seller NOT the buyer. I cannot comment either way on people getting ripped off though that list seems as extensive as the alias list. All you armchair detectives should be able to figure this one out. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Willis B)

BTW: I have had no dealings at all with the guy, so I'm neutral on this one, just heard all the talk like everyone else.

Guys,

You know I was going to stay out of this, however, it is time for someone to stand up and say what kind of person Mark really is.

Mark as a person is a really nice guy. He has done more for our model boat club than anyone else has in a long time. He has helped new boaters get into the sport without scaring them away like so many primadanas do.

I have seen him spend countless hours with people helping them get their boat running right. Yah, he may have sold a used boat or two, to one of these people and made $50.00, but his intentions are good. And I don't think spending 8 or 10 hours with someone for $50.00 is really worth it, as I think he has a different motivation. He really tries to grow the sport and have fun doing it.

Come down to a club race sometime; sometimes Mark races a boat, sometimes not, but he is there for every club race to help his friends race their boats.

First of all for the ebay junkies out there, if you are buying old K&B stuff that is 7 years old that no one else has, well what do you really expect...feel lucky he had it for you to buy.

I really think that there are only 3 or 4 people that have made such a stink because for whatever reason, they don't like Mark. One person I know of that I have seen write things about Mark is the guy from roostertails. There are Always two stories to every story.

I doubt the people that are complaining about Mark, are half the sportsman he is. Mark is a good sport and willing to help anyone!

When you buy something off ebay that you are only getting a picture and description of and not holding it in your hands, you alone have no one to blame but yourself. I have bought stuff off of ebay and thought the description was good enough, but it was not what I thought it was when I received it. It was my fualt for not being diligent. Everyone has different opinions, so that parrallels the description two different people will make about the same thing, sometimes.

But ya need to check the item more carefully yourself. I've bought machine tools off of ebay and frankly, some of the tools were marginal. Then I found an ebay seller that deals in used tooling that I like. They describe their tools well. Now I buy a lot off tools from them because their description are acurate in [SIZE=14pt]my opinion[/SIZE]. It may not be the same for someone else. And if I don't like the tool, they will take it back no questions asked.

This entire thing going on is just like a pack of wolves. These few individuals are just trying to take Mark down. I really think it is because doing this makes these people feel good about themselves. Well I'll tell you now about these guys bitching about Mark. If their boats raced as good as Mark's, then they might feel good about themselves!!!!

If I am correct, he is in the top of several district classes from what I've heard.

To be honest, this is all getting old, so if you buy something off ebay, don't be an idiot and just buy it, make a phone call, or send an email for more info. You only have yourself to blame if the item is not what you thought.

Mark is a good guy, better person than most I've met in this hobby.

I met Mark Williamson for the first time at this year's NAMBA Nationals. After all the stories, I was apprehensive, but he turned out to be a very nice guy and excellent racer. He even paid me in advance for a Leecraft cowl that I finally shipped to him. It is way too easy to bad mouth people you don't know on the internet.

Lohring Miller

Ok, Mark, i give.... just send me the kb parts lot i bought... you cashed my money order, i know, so.... ill leave "feedback " when i receive my goods, whats that? only been a year and a half or so? thats o.k. youre a sportsman and all, be a good sport and make it right with all the people youve taken in the past... there are a few details you people fail to understand mark has the knowledge to manipulate the system at will, nothing will change, ie, why do you need a list of aliases 10+ long over the years, to keep sales goin? Yes! i use ebay to purchase parts for my engines, as, theyre scarce due to kb and picco dying out.... i dont expect at all to receive cherry stuff all the time and, stamp this on your foreheads.... i do expect to receive what ive won at auction at least..... send my parts, mark..... feedback is a joke, if a deal goes sweet, great, leave feedback stating so.... if you negative feedback anyone, theyll reciprocate right back, hence, the great ebay debate. crutch? no. i realize used is used, new is new, i take what i get, and, so far, 99% of my sales have been good...... send my parts mark.... you cats that had good deals with mark musta hit on a good alias week, or been familiar enough to him to warrant sending your products out... send my parts, mark.... pretty nice post, gordie, about my fault trusting ebay products, funny, though, everyone else in the small amount of purchases ive made gained my approval easily, most above the standard, so, what gives? its my fault i dont receive what i pay for? interesting as this all may be to all not concerned, send my parts mark, good racer, club promoter, honest, good all around guy, defend him all, i want my product, apologize for airing business concerns on your forum, but since the ebay ghost is resurrecting himself, and, i may have a way of actually receiving some form of communication, send my parts, mark, end the pain.......Pack of wolves? Yes! I lurked for 2 yrs, before jumpin into the din, afraid to post for fear of bein ripped apart on any controversial subjects, this site is just as amusing as it is informational, gentlemen, its been grand, race with mark. mike larson

Well I was gonna stay outta this, but I read the feedback at his auctions too after all the talk, this was back a ways, I passed on the item's, but some didnt and got burned.

Now To me that dont just go away, I dont care how he acts when racing or deals goin on now.

That's just my spin on this topic, and unless Mark wants to chime in here, I dont think this post is going anywhere but down hill fast,

Tom Its up to you..........

I am getting real tired of all the posts lately that do nothing but get everybody stirred up

banning his ip wont do any good. i can change my ip in less than a minute if i wanted to, i dont even know this guy, so im gonna shutup now :blink:

JD a teacher? maybe that is why i naturaly talk smack to him :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: good times jd cant wait until the unlimiteds tomarrow ;)

Well guys the way I see, it's like this. Mark has had at least 10 alias on Ebay in the last 2 or so years, why would that be needed if he was such a stand up guy as some of you claim? I've had over 600 transactions all on the same Ebay i.d. with a 100% feedback rating. I'm sure in person Mark seems like a real nice guy, a great sportsman, etc., etc. but I would question the need for an i.d. change every couple of months. There has been much discussion on this & other boards about him & his Ebay ways. Yeah, he bought a motor from me & I knew who it was but his cash spends just like anyone elses. Would I buy from him? Seriously doubt it based on all the things I've read & the Ebay history but if he had something I REALLY wanted I would only pay with a U.S. Postal money order. Why? Because if payment gets accepted & cashed & you don't get your stuff it becomes mail fraud & that is a federal offense that the Postal Service loves to go after. I think Mark should also have the opportunity to face his accusers here on the board & settle it in public view. This will accomplish 2 things, it will give him the chance to clear his name & also for those who say they've been wronged to bring this to the forefront for all to see. If Mark is the "good guy" as is claimed by some, he should relish this opportunity to set the record straight............... :huh:

If Mark is the "good guy" as is claimed by some, he should relish this opportunity to set the record straight...............
Heh-heh .... He said "relish" heh-heh.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Flyin Rat Sass said:
If Mark is the "good guy" as is claimed by some, he should relish this opportunity to set the record straight...............
Heh-heh .... He said "relish" heh-heh.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey, you got the point.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back