Has anyone out there built any CNC equipment?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Bourlet

Supporting Member
Have any of you built any CNC equipment such as a router or mill? I am specifically looking for someone that has a working unit to get help making a CNC engraver. Thanks.

Eric,

I built a CNC router this past summer. I got the plans from crankorgan.com and have had a blast with it. It has a cutting surface of 14 X 26 and uses a Porter Cable trim router (7310). I'll try to help you if I can.

Rick Kelley

Eric,

I built a CNC router this past summer. I got the plans from crankorgan.com and have had a blast with it. It has a cutting surface of 14 X 26 and uses a Porter Cable trim router (7310). I'll try to help you if I can.

Rick Kelley
Rick, which plans did you get and were they worth his asking price? I have seen good comments on other forums but have not actually corresponded with anyone that has a working unit from those plans. If you were happy with yours I'll order up a set right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get free plans from www.cnczone.com ive been spending a lot of time researching this lately. www.xylotex.com seems to have a nice stepper kit

Tom, I have checked out CNCZone and so far it’s hard to find guys there with working machines. I was happy to find someone here that has a working unit. I like having someone that has been there to bounce ideas and find out what worked for them.

Eric,

I bought the "Routzilla" plans and had no problems. All of John's plans are proven designs and work. He writes them for people who have just the basic hand tools so if you have any kind of shop tools you will be in great shape. As far as price, I thought it was a great deal.

Rick

Eric I've been using material from 80/20 for several projects and they have a great selection of slide components to choose from.

Back