Graupner Formel-1 tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Did this hull go poof?

It was a big hit last year with the electric crowd, I even read in RCBM that some dudes added a transom doubler and radio box and ran it 3.5 nitro outboard. I have called Hobby-Lobby-Int. the Dist. for the hull here in the US and they said they were backordered, this was last fall. It has the best glasswork I had seen for a while.

Just checked their site and Graupner's and the hull was not listed. Anybody know what happened to it?

Gene ;D

Last saturday I took a cup of coffee in my favourite modelshop and the guy who owns the shop showed me this hull!! He had a nice story with it:

Stood in Backorder since april 2002. Reason: Graupner does not make glasswork hulls themself but buys it from someone in Tjechie or Hongarie or something. They order a lot from these and this factory did not have the time to make them.

That is until now. So I guess pretty shortly they could be availlable at your place Gene!

I tried to buy one last year from Hobby Lobby an was told the same thing. I also was told that they where built by one man in a small garage. Guess he has enough to eat. I am interested in buying one if anybody knows of one.

Tim

PB RACING

Oscar,

Thanks buddy, thats good news to hear!!!!

Tim,

If I get a line on one I will drop you a email,

I got a couple guy's here lookin for one also.

Gene ;D

Some guys on the electric forum would also like one...they even seem to think you can get it easily, but i dont think so...

From what i have seen of it so far it would be a very nice boat...but are you sure it is long enough (26") for the power houses you use? i thought you all liked the 27-30" lengths better ;)

The dudes that want then here are riggin em out with the Thunder Tiger outboards for oval, might be a good combo, but gotta find the hulls first.

Gene ;D

Hi,You guys might try Hydro and marine in germany.They also have some nice scale Tunnels and have the same light lay up and quality surface.They have 2 sizes and are available.You can contact chris Fine at Fine design he is an importer of all of H & Ms hulls his number is 845-342-5102.There is a link to H & M on his web site.Look under Kats.

Thanks Dennis,

I have done business with Chris before, great hardware, I will have the guys give him a try,

Gene ;D

Hey Gene,

I got some plabs of the Graupner tunnel in the mail today (from a source in Germany) and there is definately some intersting concepts designed into it!

For a start, the tunnel has a slight 'V' shape to it (kinda like the full-sized ones...it has tunnel spray rails...and the tunnel roof is not flat, it is curved like a letter 'C' turned 90deg to the right (but not such a sever curve of course ;) )

sponson deadrise angle is about 16.5deg

Just thought i would inform you of some more things about this magnificent hull...trying to see if he might be able to get a hold one one, fingers crossed!

Check this out http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...DUTF-8%26sa%3DG

(may have to copy and paste) its a real nice electric OB...have heard some god things about it also

Anyways, do you want any more info on this hull, or are you done with it already?

Kris

Hey Kris,

The guys gave up on tryin to get them, We could never find out when the next ones were goin to be made from the distributor here in the US.

Yer right the hull is a great design ;)

Gene ;D

HOLY C$#P, you may not blieve it, but i may have scred a Graupner Formel one Tunnel...BRAND NEW!!!

The gentleman who is offereing it to me is a champion...all i have to do is work out a way to get the money to him and it will be on it's way :)

What would the law be with re-producing this boat now that it isn't made anymore? Just curious because i hasnt been drilled or anythjing yet, so a mold might be able to be made from it...for you guys of course :)

Kris

Kris, Great find!!! ;)

My guys have already bought other hulls. They got really feed up waiting for Hobby-Lobby the US dist. to give them a answer.

A far as makin copies, I believe the hull is still being made in Europe, they are not being sent here to the US for some reason. I honestly dont know about the copyright laws for the hull.

Gene ;D

Most guys are just ruthless enough to just copy it. Look at every boat and their competition. They all most likely either look a like or have similarities. LeeCraft and Aerotech are a prime example of that. Aeromarine and Stryker, etc...

The one way the get away w/ripping one another off is they make a small change somewhere. Hint, hint, I'd like one of your copies, I mean "Original" idea!LOL

Maybe GTR can make the copy and I can be your distributor hear in the USA!

http://hometown.aol.com/rcboats2/myhomepage/index.html

Back