Grand Rapids Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

We're moving the Fun Run this year to technically Grandville at Sanford Lake on June 27th. The Southwest Miichigan Model Boat Club would like to invite you to check out our new site which will be our new race venue.

This is a run-what-you-brung event like past events but the only thing is now all participants must have a current IMPBA or NAMBA membership card to operate any boats on the water. This is part of the agreement that we have with the lake's owner, Grand Rapids Gravel.

Enter through Battlefront Gaming and R/C. The building has indoor plumbing and a concession stand with basic drinks and food. Restaurants, shopping and possibly more important, some hobby shops not too far away.

For those coming up from I-196, there should be some highway construction going on.

Map to the site here: http://www.battlefrontgaming.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my daughter has requested to have her "Sweet 16" party with her friends in Ky, we won't be able to be there on the 13th. :( Also, Celina is having “Celina Summer Challenge XIX" that weekend. The weekend of the 27th will be when we can be there to have some fun with the gang.

Since my daughter has requested to have her "Sweet 16" party with her friends in Ky, we won't be able to be there on the 13th. :( Also, Celina is having “Celina Summer Challenge XIX" that weekend. The weekend of the 27th will be when we can be there to have some fun with the gang.
Mark,

I'll chat with Ron. The 27th might work out better anyway. A few of our club members are heading to Celina also. I'll check to see what if anything is going on the weekend of the 27th.

Thanks for letting us know.

Ron,

It still shows the 13th not the 27th yet :huh:

Any plans to go to GR this weekend or you working?

Thanks Walt, got it this time!

I'm hoping to get a day off this weekend as the place is driving me nuts but right now trying to get some more boats ready.

I'm heading back down to the dungeon after posting this.

As I said in the other topic, I wont be able to make it that weekend. hope ya'll have fun and maybe i'll get to it in 2010.

Mite have to check this out myself. Maybe even bring the .12 mono if I can get all the **** parts lined up.

That is if I am not working by then

Mark

Mite have to check this out myself. Maybe even bring the .12 mono if I can get all the **** parts lined up.
That is if I am not working by then

Mark
Mark,

I hope you're working, but have the weekend off. The best of both worlds :)

Have been absent from here for a bit due to obligations I have been finishing up. I will be in town that weekend, but can't say for sure I will be able to stop by. Since I don't have any membership to either sanctioning body, I won't be putting anything in the water if I do make it.

Wade, hopefully you and the wife and kids can at least stop by.

I saw the bad news on TV the other night that where you work is shutting down. Sorry to hear that. Rumor is that a lot of tool and die companies up there are closing up shop.

Back