Grand Prix III in Atlanta GA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great Rick Really looking forward to this race now. :rolleyes: I had been thinking Dam its gonna be hot in atlanta :D

Looks like its going to be a good field of tunnel boats. Right now 15 signed up for D tunnel, 8 in B tunnel, and 10 in Sport B!

Maybe the IMPBA will create national trophies for this race now that it has doubled the turnout for the Internats!!!!....... :eek:

Ooooops.......JK...... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like its going to be a good field of tunnel boats. Right now 15 signed up for D tunnel, 8 in B tunnel, and 10 in Sport B!
Those P Limited Tunnels are doing pretty good as well! B)

Awesome fellas! :D

Ron, remind me to pull you to the side and give ya the ole "what fer".

D.

Maybe the IMPBA will create national trophies for this race now that it has doubled the turnout for the Internats!!!!....... :eek:

Hopefully we can do that again in late Oct Ron ;)

Mr.Smock, I wanna go to the safety meeting too B)

Andy

WOW, not funny Ron. 167 vice 127 is not double. Nitro boats only vs a race of gas, FE and nitro boats. And a 1.25 day race is not the same as a 8 day race. Get real. Pack away the grenades.

Nitro boats only vs a race of gas, FE and nitro boats. And a 1.25 day race is not the same as a 8 day race.
No doubt about that John.

Are you coming to Atlanta?

I bet we can get someone to hold Ron down while you beat him with an antenna. ;)

Let's keep it fun fellas!!

Please.

Doug

WOW, not funny Ron. 167 vice 127 is not double. Nitro boats only vs a race of gas, FE and nitro boats. And a 1.25 day race is not the same as a 8 day race. Get real. Pack away the grenades.
John,

I was talking about the outboard tunnel classes only. This is the outboard thread you know. Did you realize that? No mention of gas. Don't get your blood pressure up. I was really being nice as some of the outboard classes are MORE than doubled at this race.... :eek:

Just a little FRIENDLY discussion. No need to bring out the artillery.... ;)

Ill give you a big hug in Atlanta....... :D

And you thaught the tunnel class were dieing :eek:

Tonya, my brother was the one who asked the question. I know you are undergoing treatment for PTSD and the NIGHTMARES of the green and white vision after SOWEGA, so I can understand the mix up :eek:

Ron how about something like Money Races or a New Boat / New Motor for the winners of the points series? :D trophies just take up space and when money is on the line it just flat out brings out the best in people.

Here I go trying to corrupt the FUN :p

And you thaught the tunnel class were dieing :eek:

Tonya, my brother was the one who asked the question. I know you are undergoing treatment for PTSD and the NIGHTMARES of the green and white vision after SOWEGA, so I can understand the mix up :eek:

Ron how about something like Money Races or a New Boat / New Motor for the winners of the points series? :D trophies just take up space and when money is on the line it just flat out brings out the best in people.

Here I go trying to corrupt the FUN :p
Now thats interesting. Each contestant puts up $25 or $50 each, winner takes all for each outboard class???? Watch out, something like this could even pry Team Ugly out of Fla!!!!!..... ;)

Looking forward to meeting you guys next weekend.

You can race for all the prizes you want fellas. But racing for $$$$ is a no no. At least in the IMPBA.

D.

You can race for all the prizes you want fellas. But racing for $$$$ is a no no. At least in the IMPBA.

D.
Corey,

Looks like we are back to winning new boats and motors... ;)

Yeah it looks that way. Maybe one day there will be a series or race with potential winnings (boats, motors, props, fuel, etc...)

The one thing I like about RC racing is no monetary gain for position in the rules. When I raced full size, prize money even in small amounts fueled some big fights and very hard feelings among racers. Even among people that don't really like each other in this hobby at times you see guys help each other out all the time. Put prizes or money depending on position and it would ruin it all. Glory and titles with short termed fame is all we need. Just keep the level of tunnel competition up and we will travel. Who knew this race would turn out with a large outboard field? We all need to comunicate earlier and plan 3 or 4 events that are must make. WTC is one we all know works. Brandon could become another if it gets support. Atlanta could be a tunnel center ? The Gran Prix series is good tunnel competition and you can bring gas and FE. Have fun guys and who ever wins will be an accomplishment.

Mic

Mic,

We will miss you and Jay. We are all guilty of waiting until the last minute. You are right, if we would communicate earlier that would help. This race is building to be a very competitive outboard race, (today is the last day to enter).... ;)

The money or prizes thing was just a little side bar bet amongst us outboard guys that I think Corey was suggesting, thats all. Nothing official. It could be official if NR offered their new OB to the winner of B Mod, or Alfred offered a new LeeCraft 460 to the winner of D Tunnel. Those offers would be fun. Official money just screws things up and makes people do stupid stuff to get it. We ALL agree with you on that one for sure!!!..... :D

YOU CAN LEAD A OLD HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE HIM DRINK... THE NEW NOVA FOR B AND A 40 VISION FOR D

YOU CAN LEAD A OLD HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE HIM DRINK... THE NEW NOVA FOR B AND A 40 VISION FOR D
Will,

I like the Visions as well, expecially for mod B, but an 18 year old LeeCraft 460 won the 2012 WTC in a field of 35 boats. Obviously the old horse with a K&B still drinks pretty well!!!!.............. :eek:

I am training a new LeeCraft 460 horse for the Fall Nats. I think the new horse may cause a drought!!!!!....... :D

Cant wait to get to Brandon, we will be there and hope i can get another chance at a run off with you Mr. Mic had a blast with that heat just wish it could have went the full distance maybe i wont be so gunhoe next time and take my time. Told my dad before we put the boat in that the veteran will prolly outsmart the youngster and it happened but i learned alot from you and jay gona have to get a TEAM UGLY sticker on the boat LOLOL

See everybody in Atlanta.

Backing off ant in my vocabulary LMAO B)
Will,

I like the Visions as well, expecially for mod B, but an 18 year old LeeCraft 460 won the 2012 WTC in a field of 35 boats. Obviously the old horse with a K&B still drinks pretty well!!!!.............. :eek:

I am training a new LeeCraft 460 horse for the Fall Nats. I think the new horse may cause a drought!!!!!....... :D
Ron I was there :D no need to leave the new horse at the house. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES :eek:

You can bet the green and white SCREAMIN DEMON will be a LEAN MEAN RUNNIN MACHINE
boxeur1.gif

Ron when are y'all leaving to come down to Atlanta?

Back