GP1 Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racejunkie538

Hi

Best wishes for you all for 2014.

I'm searching for 1/4 or 1/5 scale wood or glass hull or plans of a GP1 class hydro.

I would like to build one for single or twin gas engine.

Does anyone have sugestions ??

Maybe a similar looking Unlimited class hydro what comes near the looks of a GP1 class without wings ??

Regards,

Marc

1489274_10200723115074860_436145895_n.jpg

1483240_10200723114914856_734122282_n.jpg

1511280_10200723115274865_1580140577_n.jpg

1549435_10200723115874880_2089771783_n.jpg

The guys in Canada has 1/8th scale GP boats. They look amazing. There was a thread on them along time ago.

Hi Marc, i have 2 mold for a sport 60 hydro. They are a GP replica. If you need one i can make you one. They are made in fiberglass or in carbone fiber.

Here in our club we run these two hull and the run very well and they have the same behavior on the water as the real one.

I can make the replica of this 2 hull:

Regates-Valleyfield-hydroplane-Grand-Prix-GP101-Ghislain-Marcoux-Groupe-ABS-Photo-INFOSuroit_com-Jeannine_Haineault.jpg
1349753024019_ORIGINAL.jpg

It's built with Jamie auld sponson canoes & jones capsule the rest will come easy for you from that. Oh yep I seen it on the weekend ,

Hi Marc, i have 2 mold for a sport 60 hydro. They are a GP replica. If you need one i can make you one. They are made in fiberglass or in carbone fiber.

Here in our club we run these two hull and the run very well and they have the same behavior on the water as the real one.

I can make the replica of this 2 hull:

Regates-Valleyfield-hydroplane-Grand-Prix-GP101-Ghislain-Marcoux-Groupe-ABS-Photo-INFOSuroit_com-Jeannine_Haineault.jpg
1349753024019_ORIGINAL.jpg
sebastien,

please post more information about your GP1 hulls.

dimensions, photos of hull top, bottom and inside.

prices and ordering information.

thank you,

dave w.

Hi Guy's, for some picture you can see it on my gallery: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?app=gallery&user=9405

For the Henderson hull i can take more picture on my ADF Diesel boat, but for PBH i don't have any hull in stock. I can take some dimension on the mold.

The price for those hull is 600$ for fiberglass and 800$ for carbon fiber.

I will put all of the hull i made on my web site soon.

I will get back to you with the dimension.

Thanks!

Thanks Dave, thanks Sebastien.

Sebastien, I like that 'A&K excavating' hull, that looks awsome. Is that hull for gas engines to ?? Can you sort out shippingcost for me to the Netherlands. Thanks

Anyone have more sugestions ??

Rgrds,

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
The one hull is a Bergeron Hull. Its been around for many years (mid 90's). Very proven hull. They make a Sport RC size hull. Its an exact duplicate of the GP size Bergeron. 60 size I think they run up North similar to our sport 40.

Hi Wayne, we have .40 and .60 hull for the PBH (Pigeon/Bergeron Hydroplane). I have the original mold for those boat made by Paul Pigeon the designer of the PBH 5L hydroplane. Here in our club in Québec, it's the best hull ever

Marc, the boat you talking about is a .40 size but the .60 size is very similar. Those boat are for nitro. Mabe the .60 size can take a gas engine but anyone try it at this time.

Thanks!

Hi guy's, here the dimension of the boat i made:

Sport 40 Pigeon/Bergeron hydroplane:

Length: 39 po

Width: 21 po

Tunnel: 11 5/8 po

Piklefork depth: 10 1/4 po

Sport 60 Pigeon/Bergeron hydroplane:

Length: 47 3/8 po

Width: 23 7/8 po

Tunnel: 12 1/6 po

Piklefork depth: 15 po

Sport 60 Henderson hydroplane (my ADF diesel boat):

Length: 46 1/8 po

Width: 23 po

Tunnel: 11 13/16 po

Piklefork depth: 11 7/8 po

Hi guy's, here the dimension of the boat i made:

Sport 40 Pigeon/Bergeron hydroplane:

Length: 39 po

Width: 21 po

Tunnel: 11 5/8 po

Piklefork depth: 10 1/4 po

Sport 60 Pigeon/Bergeron hydroplane:

Length: 47 3/8 po

Width: 23 7/8 po

Tunnel: 12 1/6 po

Piklefork depth: 15 po

Sport 60 Henderson hydroplane (my ADF diesel boat):

Length: 46 1/8 po

Width: 23 po

Tunnel: 11 13/16 po

Piklefork depth: 11 7/8 po
sebastien,

thank you for posting the dimensions. what is the inside width of the engine well in your red ADF boat ?

will a zenoah gas engine fit inside ?

please post photos of the inside and bottom of your ADF hull.

thank you

Hi Dave, i can take picture of the engine bay on my boat but mine have the center section in wood and the sponson in fiberglass. Me i built it all in fiberglass. I will mesure the width of the engine bay but i think the zenoah engine will not fit. The other thing is the cowl; he doesn't fit with this engine because it's not very high and if you cut it, you need to remove the scoop.

I want to build a gas GP also. I have bought an Extreme series 173 gas scale hull kit from ML Boatworks. It is 20% bigger than the 1/8 scale boats. I am going to modify the deck and possibly the sides of the sponsons to look more like a GP hull. I have purchased a 1/6 scale cowl from RC Boat Company that I will modify to suit the GP style of cowl. Lots of room for the motor and a proven hull. I have seen Sebastien's hulls run at our Ottawa Valley races and they are amazing. They are true to scale and the quality is top notch. The pictures do not do them justice.

Rick

Hi Guys

Sebastien Mate have you received any of my last 3 PM's I have sent in regards to buying one of your hull and the shipping price you found that needed to be confirmed .

Thanks Brad

Back