Gold Cup Weekend starts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have a new Unlimited hero, Scott Liddycoat, rocks that U7, we ran rc scales some 20 years ago together, cool to know someone who made it to the big time.

Talked with his wife in Madison during the parade, and he picked me out of the crowd as his crew passed by, that was cool..................
Gee ..thats a surprise ..you tower over most folks by a foot !!! Glad it was a great weekend !!!!!

vdldtl.jpg

I just got back from my first trip to the gold cup races, been trying for yrs to get there!! This full scale boat racing stuff is cooler than hell. I sat in the grand stands next to the pits, not a better place to watch racing. the offshore stuff was pretty lame after working some of the big races we used to have in Lake Michigan years ago. watching a full scale hang on the turn fin TOO COOL

Hey Joe,

Nice pics my Friend. I was reviewing the heat sheets earlier and noticed the Qatar never raced the U-7 or the U-88 until the final. It raced the U-5 all day long. What's the probability of not drawing either boat in four rounds of racing??

U-7 & U88 sure had some good close races - I enjoyed the streaming feed.

My hopes were up when the Qatar crapped out a gear box in first round. And driving into the infield coming to the back straight marker before 1 minute didn't even draw him a penalty. The 'Golden Boy' I guess. Were I U-7 and U-88 - - I'd want to race the U-96 EVERY Round !!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. I'm still trying to get confirmation that the Unlimiteds are going to race Clear Lake, TX 2-4 September. Like pulling teeth. They are rapidly running out of time to make a decision. CHEERS !!! Bob

I think I have a new Unlimited hero, Scott Liddycoat, rocks that U7, we ran rc scales some 20 years ago together, cool to know someone who made it to the big time.

Talked with his wife in Madison during the parade, and he picked me out of the crowd as his crew passed by, that was cool..................

Thats awesome to hear Joe , Scotts the one that pushed me into racing RC boats.

He went on to race 5.0 litre hydro many years ago and I always wondered what happened to him .

Lots of fun in London with that crowd when the racing was finished.

Tim K

I have to give my wife and Brothers family a plug too!

Paula beat me to it ! got her name on an Unlimited before I did, with some coaching........

Pic 3, Sunday, 8:15 am, guess what we were doing ???

I have to give my wife and Brothers family a plug too!

Paula beat me to it ! got her name on an Unlimited before I did, with some coaching........

Pic 3, Sunday, 8:15 am, guess what we were doing ???

That is awesome! Perfect picture of what that event is about :)

Time to build a scale of that boat! Easy paint job

My guess on picture number three is, Garl drinking beer and the others picking up the emptys ? :lol:

Hey Joe......how did J.Michael Kelley and J.W. Myers do in Detroit ? We were

pitted across from them at the '08 Stock/Mod Nationals in Whitney Point,NY.

They still like to get out and bash it with their "knee jockey" counterparts

on occassion.

Hey Joe......how did J.Michael Kelley and J.W. Myers do in Detroit ? We were

pitted across from them at the '08 Stock/Mod Nationals in Whitney Point,NY.

They still like to get out and bash it with their "knee jockey" counterparts

on occassion.
I don't think my knees could take it anymore after all the dirt bike abuse !! Lets see some stock pics in another thread . Miss it .

Keep up the Recon work Joe !

Back