GEN III flow meter from Boris Mazor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Boris, how does this work?? What does it allow me to do prior to going to the pond??

John
Hi, John!

AIR PUMP FLOW METER MANUAL

The principal unit of this flow meter is an extremely efficient miniature air pump powered by a rechargeable 3 cell 1300 mah, Lipo Battery pack whose output to power the air pump is controlled by a very accurate adjustable voltage regulator which produces a steady, even volume of air. The regulator is preset to 10 Volt. . The flow meter is mounted in a sturdy, hinged wooden box for ease of use. This flow meter do not needs calibration .The dial gauge is an aneroid, the same as in blood pressure monitor.

The kit included LIPO charger-balancer and LIPO battery monitor.

LIPO charger-balancer Should to be connected to DC 12-14 V, 1.2 A power supply (not included) or to starter 12V battery.

COMMON USES

REMEMBER: The flow meter is your tool, but not Boss. Your experience is priceless. Trust you experience and keep records of what you are doing. Flow meter based on atmospheric air is sensitive to atmospheric pressure, air density, air temperature and humidity. The same position of needle will give reading depending on current air condition. Adjusting the needle to previously achieved level will compensate changes in the air. Not a 100%, but close.

This flow meter will help you to preset the needle on your engine carburetor and also to check the range of adjustment for a third channel needle if your boat is so equipped. Settings vary from one carburetor to another depending on engine, prop, boat, weather conditions, type of fuel & other conditions

HOW TO USE THIS METER

.Check the battery. Fully charged battery – 12.4-12.6 V. Lowest working condition is 11.1 V (loaded). Use the monitor to assure that flow meter working properly.

1) Proper connection of monitor

2) Connect tubing to fuel inlet on carburetor. Do not close air outlet or clamp outlet tubing. Open the throttle 75% or more.

3) The Flow Meter gauge will now give you a reading of the current needle setting achieved by running your boat.

4) Mark down this reading. This reading now becomes your base for future needle settings.

5) The next time you want to run your boat – just hook up the meter to the carburetor & adjust the needle to your previously marked down base setting. Your engine will then run exactly as before when you established your base setting all other things being equal.

6) If you make any other needle adjustments to achieve a better performance of your engine – you obviously have changed your base setting & you will to take and record this new base reading..

Avoid keeping flow meter on the direct sun. Please, keep it in the shed.

This is a manual. I hope it wil help. Thanks. Boris

One other use is to check/adjust flow of cooling water to your motor, especially outboards. This has been a huge help to me for ~3 years now since buying one of Boris' gauge.

Wallster

One other use is to check/adjust flow of cooling water to your motor, especially outboards. This has been a huge help to me for ~3 years now since buying one of Boris' gauge.

Wallster
Thanks, Wallster! Also I using flow meter to find leaks in radio box. BTW I can upgrade you flow meter to GEN III. Boris

Hi Boris, how does this work?? What does it allow me to do prior to going to the pond??

John
Hi, John!

The principal unit of this flow meter is an extremely efficient miniature air pump powered by a rechargeable 3 cell 1300 mah, Lipo Battery pack whose output to power the air pump is controlled by a very accurate adjustable voltage regulator which produces a steady, even volume of air. The regulator is preset to 10 Volt. . The flow meter is mounted in a sturdy, hinged wooden box for ease of use. This flow meter do not needs calibration .The dial gauge is an aneroid, the same as in blood pressure monitor.

LIPO charger-balancer Should to be connected to DC 12-14 V, 1.2 A power supply (not included) or to starter 12V battery.

COMMON USES

REMEMBER: The flow meter is your tool, but not Boss. Your experience is priceless. Trust you experience and keep records of what you are doing. Flow meter based on atmospheric air is sensitive to atmospheric pressure, air density, air temperature and humidity. The same position of needle will give reading depending on current air condition. Adjusting the needle to previously achieved level will compensate changes in the air. Not a 100%, but close.

This flow meter will help you to preset the needle on your engine carburetor and also to check the range of adjustment for a third channel needle if your boat is so equipped. Settings vary from one carburetor to another depending on engine, prop, boat, weather conditions, type of fuel & other conditions

HOW TO USE THIS METER

.Check the battery. Fully charged battery – 12.4-12.6 V. Lowest working condition is 11.1 V (loaded). Use the monitor to assure that flow meter working properly.

2) Connect tubing to fuel inlet on carburetor. Do not close air outlet or clamp outlet tubing. Open the throttle 75% or more.

3) The Flow Meter gauge will now give you a reading of the current needle setting achieved by running your boat.

4) Mark down this reading. This reading now becomes your base for future needle settings.

5) The next time you want to run your boat – just hook up the meter to the carburetor & adjust the needle to your previously marked down base setting. Your engine will then run exactly as before when you established your base setting all other things being equal.

6) If you make any other needle adjustments to achieve a better performance of your engine – you obviously have changed your base setting & you will to take and record this new base reading..

Thanks Boris, so once you get your boat setup running the way you like, you use this system. Then when weather changes, pressure, etc.. This allows you to make that adjustment on the carb. Just curious, how much does humidity, pressure, ect... change the needle setting?? 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 turn?

I'm very interested, Thanks

John

John
Hi, John!

COMMON USES

HOW TO USE THIS METER

Thanks Boris, so once you get your boat setup running the way you like, you use this system. Then when weather changes, pressure, etc.. This allows you to make that adjustment on the carb. Just curious, how much does humidity, pressure, ect... change the needle setting?? 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 turn?

John
First of all you will adjust your carb to reading you has before and check how it run. Than you you will need ( or not ) fine tuning listen to you engine. You need to keep track of readings and weather condition related to your setup. Boris

John

John, our nitro motors are VERY sensitive to changes in relative air density, a product of both atmospheric pressure and temperature. As air density goes up, available oxygen goes up and you must compensate with more more fuel, i.e., richer needle. Done correctly, this will result in more power as it burns more fuel. Conversely, as density goes down, mixture needs to be leaner, and power goes down, really noticeable on a hot day compared to a cooler day. Do yourself a favor and buy a good quality air density gauge, $80-100, which adjusts for both pressure and temp changes. Then document your needle changes along with the air density. Over time you will develop a baseline and know how to adjust as air changes during the course of a race. Adjustable third channel mixture needles make this a lot more manageable, but you must use some discipline! Humidity changes are another thing, our motors don't burn water, so it makes it a bit more challenging on those really humid days, the air may "feel" dense but not true air density (% oxygen in the air).

Hope this helps,

Wallster

Boris, my apologies, I didn't mean to jump on your thread, just trying to help a new guy out. A Boris Mazor flow gauge AND air density gauge are priceless tools for racing, I use both!

Wallster

I thought the concept behind the flow meter, was that once you get your engine running right, you flow the carb. Then this measurement was used always. So, when the atmosphere changed, and you reflowed the carb, the reading was different. Then you adjusted your carb to the setting you got when you had it running right, and you are back to where you were earlier. Is this not correct?? I find the thought of having to carry a book around of temps and air densities and what the flow was on those days, a little disheartening...

Sean

I thought the concept behind the flow meter, was that once you get your engine running right, you flow the carb. Then this measurement was used always. So, when the atmosphere changed, and you reflowed the carb, the reading was different. Then you adjusted your carb to the setting you got when you had it running right, and you are back to where you were earlier. Is this not correct?? I find the thought of having to carry a book around of temps and air densities and what the flow was on those days, a little disheartening...

Sean
Hi, Sean! I need more reports from users of GEN III flow meter to be sure 100% of using same settings in changing weather condition, but follow this rule you are always in the ballpark or very close. Boris

Well, sell me one Boris and I will let you know... :)

Sorry I had to back out last time Boris. My wife got laid off from her job. All is good now though. B)

Sean

New butch of GEN III flow meter from Boris Mazor are ready for immediately shipping.

I have several flow meter waiting for customers.

I decide to do outfit flow meter, that come with LIPO 11.1V battery, LIPO charger/balancer and battery monitor. The new version have charging terminals, connector for balancer/charger.

This version of flow meter do not needs calibration and has much longer run time (200-300 min) and more sensitive to weather condition. The LIPO battery keeps charge for several month and battery monitor show how much charge you have.

Cost of new flow meter is $190.00 shipped within USA.

International shipping extra $15 (Canada), $25 (Australia)
Only one flow meter left from this butch.

I'll start new butch by the end of June and it\they are will be ready fr shipping late July. Please call for reservation. Thanks. Boris
The new butch of flow meters will be ready for shipping around July, 4. Thanks. Boris
I'll send out three flow meters 06/28/10. Four more flow meters waiting for payment. The next butch will be completed by the end of July.

Last edited by a moderator:
New butch of GEN III flow meter from Boris Mazor are ready for immediately shipping.

I decide to do outfit flow meter, that come with LIPO 11.1V battery, LIPO charger/balancer and battery monitor. The new version have charging terminals, connector for balancer/charger.

This version of flow meter do not needs calibration and has much longer run time (200-300 min) and more sensitive to weather condition. The LIPO battery keeps charge for several month and battery monitor show how much charge you have.

I'll start new butch by the end of June and it\they are will be ready fr shipping late July. Please call for reservation. Thanks. Boris
The new butch of flow meters will be ready for shipping around July, 4. Thanks. Boris
I'll send out three flow meters 06/28/10. Four more flow meters waiting for payment. The next butch will be completed by the end of July.
The new butch of flow meters will be ready for shipping around August 25. Please make your reservation. I'll make around 10 in this year. Thanks. Boris

Got my new flow meter today.

Great quality product great packing and fast service!

Highly recommend using Boris.

The new butch of flow meters will be ready for shipping around August 25. Please make your reservation. I'll make around 10 in this year. Thanks. Boris

Boris , I would like to purchase one your kits and get in on the next production run , I'll e mail you and send a mo or check , thanks:D.

Boris , I would like to purchase one your kits and get in on the next production run , I'll e mail you and send a mo or check , thanks:D.
Hi, Tom! Are you still interesting in Flow Meter? I have a few to send them out.

Good news - I build in same safety addition in flow meter. Now you will not worry about accidentally short terminals - it will not destroy battery or wires. Boris

Latest posts

Back