Gas ScaleT-6 Drive Location

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

Olly's thread on the Beacon Plumbing transom raised an interesting question.

Comments in that thread said that performance will be improved by moving the prop further to the rear.

I am using an Acc-Tech strut which is very similar to the real strut.It can be located close to the transom,placing the rear of the drive dog 1 3/4" behind the transom.I have a good photo showing this installation on the real T-6,which eliminates any rule question.

What specific performance improvements can be expected if the boat has this setup instead of rear of the drive dog flush with the transom?

Are the improvements in speed, turns,transom height while running,or general handling?

Olly's thread on the Beacon Plumbing transom raised an interesting question.

Comments in that thread said that performance will be improved by moving the prop further to the rear.

I am using an Acc-Tech strut which is very similar to the real strut.It can be located close to the transom,placing the rear of the drive dog 1 3/4" behind the transom.I have a good photo showing this installation on the real T-6,which eliminates any rule question.

What specific performance improvements can be expected if the boat has this setup instead of rear of the drive dog flush with the transom?

Are the improvements in speed, turns,transom height while running,or general handling?
All of the above.

Latest posts

Back