Gas Scale Motor Selection.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Schofield

What are most guys running in their gas scales? Rcmk's rear exhaust? Or are you offsetting the motor to fit side exhaust in the hull? Thanks

Almost any gas engine can be shoehorned in to a normal hull. Obviously, the Lobster and outrigger Pak are not normal hulls so they would require an engine that is narrow to keep the scale look. The big issue is accessibility. A side exhaust boat would probably have to have the pipe under the deck or use wrap to center header for example. I'm looking at a CMB 27 for a boat I'm building but, then again, the cost may have me looking at other options before all is said and done. Offsetting a side exhaust won't work since the carb is on the oposite side and, therefore, would become totally nonaccessible for maintenance or tweaking as needed. Leaning the engine to the exhaust side would lower the plug height as would installing a belly pan. What boat are you looking at building?

Matt actually posted this for me I'm building the Olympia beer gas scale,trying to find a motor for it but maybe I can fit a mod zenoah side exhaust if I put a belly pan in it how deep am i allowed does anyone know? I will also have to modify the center section

Belly pans are acceptable to clear engine and/or flywheel but maximum width shall be no

greater than 5". Belly pan may not be used as a form of planing surface and can not

exceed the depth of any riding surface or recovery surface.

Okay, that makes things easier. Contact Marty Shallenberger since he had that boat, don't know if it was the kit you have or not. He's a member here in the forum as well

Latest posts

Back