Gas Scale Invades Evansville

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice boats boys. Looks like the Ottawa Valley Racers will have 3 or 4 running next year. Can't wait.

Rick

Hey Rick,

I don't have video - maybe someone else will chime in.

Harvey's Bud, and the three 8255 started life as ML Boatworks Laser kits. At least Harvey's had a RCMK K-30, Phil and Wes' were Zen's - I believe.

Hopefully all these boaters will chime in to give specifics on their boats power and props to help grow this class.

With the NW Championship race this coming weekend, I hope we can get more info available here to support the class. Hopefully with some good close up pics identifying the owner and the specifics of what they are running.

Here's a pic of where where mine stands. I'm starting a physical fitness program so I can haul it around.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Bob

I am getting close to paint on my ML 8255 hull. Just started the electronics install yesterday and started fitting the cowl. Motor is an RCMK K30 full race rear exhaust. all hardware and pipe mounting has been done. My graphics were done by Wesley's Custom Graphics and I will be doing the American Speedy Printing (red, yellow and white version). There are 2 kits started in our club. a 171 and a 172 that should be ready by late spring. Word has it another 8255 hull is being contemplated. wish we were closer so we could all race this great class.

Rick

Bob Johnson, in post #4 of this thread mentioned the gas guys discussing the specs on their boats. Phil Thomas last year started a thread on gas scales, which has a lot of info on most of the boats that ran this year. If anyone has questions about my T-6, post them or send me a PM. I'm starting on a Thriftway Too gas scale to be different. Looks like there will be more 8255 hulls next year. We ought to be able to have at least two heats at Evansville next year.

Harvey

Hey Harvey,

My #4 post was just an attempt to bring this information forward again. I figured some would have difficulty searching for info on the Gas Scales that ran in Evansville in Sept. , so I posted the pics and added the owner's name when the pics were clicked on to to enlarge.

I see only 8 Gas Scales entered for the NW Scale Championship this weekend. Hopefully Marty or whom ever will update the NW Thunderboat site with pics and info from that gathering. Looks like there may well be more Gas Scales entered in Evansville next year that the Pacific NW.

I'm thinkin' the pick up boat may need a refit - install a davit and winch to haul these big muthas into the boat. I thought the pick up boat operator and boat retriever had an absolute look of terror in their eyes after retrieving Gas Scale boats - Har, Har !!!

Capstran Resorts for Mikey !!! ALL RIGHTA !!!

It pays to advertise. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hay, this is wes ellet. Im just posting with kens access. (long story) lol

Any way,yes my 71 madison is a modified lauterback hull with a redline zen motor. Im still tweaking on the sponsons but im very happy with the speeds and handeling looks like we have enough for a class at mt.vernon this weekend so we will see what happens. If you look at the pic of my boat you will see i have resolved the issue of hauling the beast around. This is a real fun class and im lovin it.

Hay, this is wes ellet. Im just posting with kens access. (long story) lol

Any way,yes my 71 madison is a modified lauterback hull with a redline zen motor. Im still tweaking on the sponsons but im very happy with the speeds and handeling looks like we have enough for a class at mt.vernon this weekend so we will see what happens. If you look at the pic of my boat you will see i have resolved the issue of hauling the beast around. This is a real fun class and im lovin it.
Wes, Did you build your boat from someones Lauterbach kit? If so, who's kit

Back