Gas Scale Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This section is right up my alley, currently have # 103 in build as plug to mold , nearly ready to roll glass. Roll on

Dave- My 8255 project had to be postponed till next winter. I know Fred's projects are in the works but not sure when they will be ready for sale

Marty

Lets use this page for Gas Scale Hydro information

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org
marty,

what is the status of fred olson's gas scale sized 101- 6740 and 108-7474 glass - composite hulls ?

and what about your glass - composite 138-8255 hull ?

thank you,

dave w.

Hey Ya'll,

I have the hull built but would like to get a cowl for the '89 Winston Lobster.. I've heard Phil Thomas is making one but I have no contact point for him. Any help??? Really want to get these beasts running here in the SouthEast!!!

Later!!

Pat

Hey Ya'll,

I have the hull built but would like to get a cowl for the '89 Winston Lobster.. I've heard Phil Thomas is making one but I have no contact point for him. Any help??? Really want to get these beasts running here in the SouthEast!!!

Later!!

Pat
Yes I have the mold for the cowl Wes ellet built. email me

Phil, The next time you lay one up, could you get a close up of the cowling, and a measurement of the width and length. I might have some personal interest in doing the 89 Winston Lobster backup hull is a gas size...Probably don't have the time, but it would be cool. I am really glad you made this cowling mold! Mike

Phil, The next time you lay one up, could you get a close up of the cowling, and a measurement of the width and length. I might have some personal interest in doing the 89 Winston Lobster backup hull is a gas size...Probably don't have the time, but it would be cool. I am really glad you made this cowling mold! Mike
I can do that, Wes built from one of your kits so it was made to fit the kit by Wes.

I'm really interested in gas scale. running nitro is getting real expensive (both in motors and fuel); gas scale boats may be a bit bigger but the engines are less finicky and fuel is $4/gallon. Let Gas Thunderboat be the spec class and give Gas Scale some freedom to run your best.

Thanks to ALL!

I have made connection with Phil and will have a complete boat her in a few weeks!! I know the Winston Lobster wasn't really a good running boat in full size but in Scale I have seen a few really haul A$$! I have been told by my trusty buddies that race said that they will build boats to make the class here in the Southeast well?? They need to get to work now!!!

Later!!

Pat

Thanks to ALL!

I have made connection with Phil and will have a complete boat her in a few weeks!! I know the Winston Lobster wasn't really a good running boat in full size but in Scale I have seen a few really haul A$$! I have been told by my trusty buddies that race said that they will build boats to make the class here in the Southeast well?? They need to get to work now!!!

Later!!

Pat

Well, I guess the challenge is accepted,, will get busy soon!!

Hey Pat,

2 X 4 between running lights will get GSB's attention. He has been building a Sport 20 frame kit for about 3 years now - I figure a Gas Scale will take about 10.

Don't be harassin' "Stormin' Norman" . Trike for a Custom WOF Gas Scale boat , Norman ?? Call me.

And be careful who your callin' Old - Har, Har !!!

Best running Winston Lobster I have seen in 24 years, was 1/8th Scale raced by Larry Maglinger last Fall Evansville Kohlmeyer Classic race. Pic attached.

Get that puppy of yours running Pat and plan to:

• join R.B. and I in Evansville in 20 - 21 September.
  • Tell Dworld you got Bitness!!!!
  • And you can continue the teaching of gas engine in Classic Thunderboat you started in Atlanta in 2013
CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Bob,

Your the next one I'm coming after!!! That same little fat bird that told me about the cowl for my boat is the one that told me about an engine?? Send me your email or email me at [email protected] and let's discuss this matter!!! And about the "GrandParents Gone Wild" on the trike they are making a trip to Oregon coming down the Pacific Coast Highway then across the Southern route on the Scooterr!!! Now tell me that ain't NUTS!!!!!!!

Later!!

Pat

Hey Pat,

If they're coming across on I-10 or I-20 - through West Texas - it's going to be a LONG, Boring ride. Norman can sing and dance, so they'll at least have entertainment - Har, Har !!!

CHEERS !!! Bob

Latest posts

Back