Gas scale CG ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Larocque

I am in the process of building an ML Extreme 173 gas scale kit. My next job are the skins but I loaded the hull with hardware . pipe etc , motor with mount and all electronics up front. Motor is positioned behind rear of sponsons which puts the CG WAY back. Can you guys tell me where you moved your motors to get the CG at 1" - 1/2" back of the sponson rears. I moved the motor forward the length of itself and it was still at over 2".

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the Newton #173 plan hull listed on Mike's site. If that's the boat, it will be very hard to get the engine forward enough. You will need a rear exhaust and probably need to put it under the canopy where the driver goes. If you run a salt water scoop you can put the cylinder head into the scoop.

Lohring Miller

Lohring, Its an Extreme kit. I never did it in the standard kit, same with the 158/ 8700 gas kit..only in the extreme version. I think Lead is going to be a must in the sponson tips with this boat. Mike

Lohring

It is the 8700 style hull. That is where I had to put the RCMK K30 rear exhaust that I have to get it even close. Will mean a lot of mods and stiffening it up way up there. It does fit under the cowl though. Very nice kit. Builds in 3 sections .

Rick

Latest posts

Back