Gas Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Davis

I am interested in finding out some specs of your Gas Rigger.

ALL that I would like to know is the length of the wheelbase (rear tip of front sponson to c/l of the prop).

I am in the process of designing a new Gas Rigger and would like to be in the "ball park" on length.

Thanks for any input.

Marty Davis

he Marty .. on a twister rigger its 30 inches . that is messured to the dogdrive .. hope this helps. .

Jeroen

Marty , my Cajun Bullet is 28.5 inches and bottom of sponson is roughly 16" of potential wetted surface . Seems a little short sometimes .

Tom:

From Transom or from C/L of the prop to the front sponson rear running tip?

Marty Davis

Marty , my Cajun Bullet is 28.5 inches and bottom of sponson is roughly 16" of potential wetted surface . Seems a little short sometimes .

Tom:

From Transom or from C/L of the prop to the front sponson rear running tip?

Marty Davis
Aft edge of riding surface of front sponson , to center of prop hub .

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

Our latest design is 30" from the front rear sponson transom to the centerline of the propeller.

I could take some pictures if you would like to see our design? It is an AWESOME design that

runs well at all speeds and water conditions. Do you have any drawings of your design yet?

In Flint,MI one of the designs did many 89+MPH passes on it's second trip out to the pond. This

design had different S.A.W. sponsons on it though, not our heat race set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Marty,
Our latest design is 30" from the front rear sponson transom to the centerline of the propeller.

I could take some pictures if you would like to see our design? It is an AWESOME design that

runs well at all speeds and water conditions. Do you have any drawings of your design yet?

In Flint,MI one of the designs did many 89+MPH passes on it's second trip out to the pond. This

design had different S.A.W. sponsons on it though, not our heat race set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mark:

Thanks for the input. I have designed the new boat based on my 20 design.

Marty Davis

Marty,

So did you just add about 15% to the 21 hydro plans?

If it runs like the 21 it should handle well and turn very well.

I can tell you who's motor to run when you need one.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Marty,
So did you just add about 15% to the 21 hydro plans?

If it runs like the 21 it should handle well and turn very well.

I can tell you who's motor to run when you need one.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Mark:

15%????

That would make it about a 4o size boat.

Scaling is not an easy thing to do. You can't just scale the boat up and have it correct. The main component is weight and of course enough wheelbase to make it have stability.

I would be that it will turn well :rolleyes: I am working with Rod Hendricks and Norm Doerr, so I am sure that Rod will have the engine thing covered. Always interested in input about others with experience, opinions about the best of anything model boating related.....

Marty Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
Back