Gas Rigger Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea SUB TOPIC built into the site would work well too...according to the main page "Intlwaters.com promotes RC Boating and RC Boat racing. Our Friendly community is here to help you get started. If your already a seasoned boater then this is the place for you!"

Now we're getting somewhere! Thanks larcor for getting the ball rolling... As I posted in mono's, I also have a Rico rigger on the way.. should be here in 2 weeks.. any suggestions? I have a redline 29.5 here ready to go in this one.. voodoo 967/3 I'm gonna try.. also picked up a 7021/2 from mike @ redline..I've heard Rico is a tad heavier than some, I'm looking for that "Cadillac" ride.

Just to keep things straight. I dont add forums easily. I hate dead forums. If this forum seems overloaded then id consider making another. But right now it does not seem that way.

Tim, nice choice! I watched one of those run at the Gas Nat's in Celina and I was impressed with it. It gave the 1st Gen Warpath's a run for their money.

Thanks Ron... I'm looking forward to it. Ive heard the warpath's have been really dominating lately. I think it was underestimated for to long...or maybe not so popular with the folks I run with. I built a jae gasser a few yrs ago.. I could never get it to run strait and fast at the same time. Always one or the other.. it's hanging on the wall now. My jae .12 is a screamer.. then I picked up a Bob E g-force. Love it! Figured I'd go with a Rico for the next one. With a 3 yr old son, I don't have time to build something and put forth the effort to keep things square and true. Kids making me lazy these days.

I never had any trouble with my JAE gas 'rigger. I let Mike Walker build it as I didn't want to mess it up. I toed in the right sponson but didn't run any crazy props on it either, usually and Octura V-937/3 or a 2719/3 10 degree. It'd run straight with no rudder trim inputs and my hand off the wheel. It was a great rough water rigger as I played with in a lot in less than ideal conditions. The V-3 should take care of any handling issues now with the 8" longer tub.

At that race there were mostly Warpath's so the odds were better for them to win. Doug Twaits had one of Andy Brown's hulls. I may have lost the shots I had of the Rico but I know that I've got it on a slideshow video that I made of the race.

It's at 1:50 in this video. The first boats in it are mine. The video isn't that great, I put it together in about 5 minutes.

Warpath PRO running a Suicidal Zen 260 w. Hotpipe and a Titan Titanium turn fin. Speeds were in the low to mid 70's. More to come.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RYxKKXsIqU
That thing is runnin good Randy , can't wait to see it dialed in.
default_ohmy.png

My new toy! Warpath, built by marc.Came with a new cowl & original turn fin plus an updated version. Servos, linkages, fuel system & hardware. I've got a gizmo 28.5 pro mod & victory pipe to put in it. THANX, kevin sheren!! Best packing job i have ever seen.

Robin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice moparbarn... So you basically got it built less motor and tx/rd? Do you mind me asking roughly what it ran back? I'd love to see it finished! I'm sure she's gonna fly!

Very nice moparbarn... So you basically got it built less motor and tx/rd? Do you mind me asking roughly what it ran back? I'd love to see it finished! I'm sure she's gonna fly!
Yes tim, everything less engine, pipe, rx, rx battery, flex, prop & mounts. Had everything in my hurricane flash 5 to swap over. Everything's installed, just need to shift the mounts slightly to get the shaft & collet aligned to suit me. More pics tomorrow. Thinking this is gonna be a good one!

Nice Robin. Looking forward to rubbing elbows with you soon!
Blaise, ya ol' hippy! How have you been? Are you actually comimg up jere, or just chesapeake? Looking foward to seeing & racing you again. First McGurn, now you - wonder who else is coming out of the woodwork this year?

My new toy! Warpath, built by marc.Came with a new cowl & original turn fin plus an updated version. Servos, linkages, fuel system & hardware. I've got a gizmo 28.5 pro mod & victory pipe to put in it. THANX, kevin sheren!! Best packing job i have ever seen.
Can you send me a few more pictures of that boat please? [email protected].

Back