Gas Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ac r42 is a small boat, going to be building one soon, my opinion a small block boat.
I have a t44 that is my nationals boat and I ran it for many years as a small block but am going to run it as a big block this season, this t44 has had a lot of work done to the bottom and runs very well.
Have seen a few insane cats on the race course and they run well.
If you are going to run small block one of the fastest cats I've seen is Lance ledets f41 striker cat, in calm water absolutely unbeatable, I beat him once with my t44 but the water was rough or Lance was having a bad day.
There are lots of other cats out there but these are my choices for oval racing

guy in my club has a very nice barely ran cat for sale with or without a promod engine. Im pretty sure its an F41 stryker located in cincinnati.

I have one that I'm building for a fellow club member, strut is mounted inside of the transom, research this boat and you will find different ways to build the transom hardware, this one will get a small block zenoah with a Bob Austin prop

Going with the AC R42 thanks everyone for there input
Jeff, I have an R42 from Rick Baker that Wayne Farrell builds, have had it 2 yrs. It's my first gas boat. It likes the strut under the hull to better help with prop walk. Wayne builds an excellent hull
Going with the AC R42 thanks everyone for there input
Great boat, I love mine. Wayne & Rick have done they're home work. I run a Hanson 29.5 with the 300R from Bob Austin. Just follow they're setup & you'll be happy

Sounds like a lot of great setups for that boat Alan thanks for the information hope to see you at a race this year
I won't be at Celina but our local races & indy masters.
Here's Wayne Farrow number, Call him he's not much of a texter. 321-231-2898

Back