Gas outboard drive

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look nice, wonder is they will have the same issue as all the other gad drives out, breaking the shafts, we shall see, looks like the splashed a boat from South Africa.

i was looking at this a few days ago. i noticed that they also supply a square drive collet to eliminate the clutch, should you want to. collet is made to use the same length shaft as the clutch, seems like they thought it out fairly well. the price really caught my eye also :eek: !! the flex's seem to be the weak point in all the gas ob drives. why just tunnels? 1/4" cables seem to hold up everywhere else in the gas boats.......

Robin,

It's all in the bend.... If bend is too tight or it doesn't land straight/true in the engine/propshaft, they'll break for sure. The problem with the drives I've tested it that the bend is really tight at the bottom near the propshaft(lawless), and the G-MORTY gen-1 was both too tight and it didn't land in the propshaft straight. The Arrow shark is nice looking, but wouldn't want a clutch...

Jimmy Johnson

Looks great, but I am not sure where the Gas flex shaft break, but I feel they have the angle to sharp at the prop shaft assembly (bottom) end, unless the drive shaft is counter bored in a way (say 3/4") then the square drive.

I find any shaft failures I have or even just broken strands are at the prop shaft end.

HOWEVER, this could also be due to the PSA being sloppy....or the square drive being too long

Kris

Tony and I have been using the G-Morty Drives sence we started running the Gas Tunnels and when we had the problem with the shafts breaking they always seemed to break in the middle at the tightest bend. Mitch B)

Back