GAS NATIONALS 2007 CELINA, OH 45822

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Kramer

Supporting Member
OFFICIAL WORD FROM I.M.P.B.A. HEADQUARTERS

GAS NATIONALS

SEPT 13-16,2007

EASTVIEW PARK ,SR 29 AT SR 703 JUNCTION

CELINA, OH 45822

SEPT 13, OPEN WATER

SEPT 14-16 HEAT RACING AND OFF-SHORE

MOTEL, SITE INFO, TO FOLLOW AS WE GET IT IN ORDER

RACE CO C-D'S

BRIAN BLAZER, CINCINATTI MODEL BOAT CLUB CINCINATTI, OH

DAN KRAMER, DRIFTWOOD MODEL BOAT CLUB, FT WAYNE, IN.

Hey Dan,

I`ll need some watermelon toooooooooo :D :D

GAS NATIONALS

SEPT 13-16,2007

CELINA, OH 45822

SEPT 13, OPEN WATER

RACE CO C-D'S

Hey Dan,

Hey Dan,

GAS NATIONALS

SEPT 13-16,2007

CELINA, OH 45822

SEPT 13, OPEN WATER

RACE CO C-D'S

Hey Dan,

Hey Dan,

GAS NATIONALS

SEPT 13-16,2007

CELINA, OH 45822

SEPT 13, OPEN WATER

RACE CO C-D'S

Hey Dan,

the race is coming together nicely. we will keep you posted as it continues to develope.

i dont think the watermellon is dooable. sorry bob!

Hey Dan,

GAS NATIONALS

SEPT 13-16,2007

CELINA, OH 45822

SEPT 13, OPEN WATER

RACE CO C-D'S

Hey Dan,

Hey Dan,

GAS NATIONALS

SEPT 13-16,2007

CELINA, OH 45822

SEPT 13, OPEN WATER

RACE CO C-D'S

Hey Dan,

flyer for race will be in december i.m.p.b.a. roostertail

Dan or Brain......Would either of you explain way a Namba 30 sec. clock rule is being used in a IMPBA National. When no one in IMPBA races buy that rule unless at a NAMBA event....???

And yes, gentlemen I did read the flyer that is in the roostertail.

IT WAS TRIED AT A D-2 EVENT AND HAD GREAT ACCEPTANCE. IT SAVED A LOT OF MILL TIME . WHEN YOU HAVE THESE LARGE EVENTS, SECONDS DONT SEEM TO MEAN MUCH EXCEPT TO THOSE RUNNING THE EVENT AND IT SOON ADDS UP TO AN HOUR OR MORE OF LOST TIME THAT COULD BE USED FOR RACING. ALL PERSONS IN THE HEAT THAT IS BEING RUN HAVE TO GIVE THEIR OK THEN THE CLOCK GOES TO 30 SECONDS. THIS IS NOT JUST DONE WHENEVER WE FEEL LIKE IT. HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

THANKS, DAN

Dan

Seeing as you choose to leave the Caps lock ON!!! I am sure that I need not GO ANY FUTHER IN THIS BEING A QUIRE!!!! UNLIKE OTHER POST.............CONSIDERING THAT MOST WHO RACE IMPBA HAVE NEVER HAD THE CLOCK MOVED ON THEM ONCE THEY ARE IN THE WATER!!!

I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TIME SAVE FACTER!!!!!!!!!! BUT I CAN ALSO UNDERSTAND THE RACERS POINT OF WHAT SHOULD BE THE NORM AT A NATIONAL!!!! BUT AS WE SEE,IT IS MAKE YOUR OWN RULES FOR THE NATIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP!

I AM SURE IT WILL WORK!

BUT THANK YOU!!

In our area, the NAMBA racers use the 30 second rule also, but they can cut the course during mill time time to get back into starting position. If you go to 30 seconds at a point where the persons boat is out of sequence to the start clock, it can really mess up his chances in the race. I personally think that a "National" event should be run by the rule book.

Ah yes, the "saved time" arguement comes up again for this 30 second deal. I got news for ya folks, there is WAY, WAY more time that can be saved by prompt retrieve boat management & not waiting on those who can't seem to get their sxxt together and be ready for the next heat than you will EVER save by chopping mill time. Do you realize to save just one hour would require going from the example of 1:30 to 30 seconds for 60 consecutive heats without issue?? How many retrieve boats will be running? Two retrieve boats, one covering each side of the pond saves HUGE amounts of time. Haul ass out the second the last running boat hits the beach (hence the word prompt). Out quickly, in just fast enough not to create wakes & start the clock right after the retrieve boats hit the bank. Been there done that, it works gang, HUGE time savings!! And secondly, make it clear from the beginning that everyone better be ready for the next heat, NO WAITING! This is another MAJOR point & waiting on someone is a horrendous time killer!! Let me ask this, if say you have 6 drivers on the stand & 5 say go to 30 seconds & 1 says no, what will you do? There are many racers who are outside your district who may be attending this NATIONAL event that do not use the 30 second option and may feel uncomfortable with this, not to mention I know lots of people who use mill time to strategize for their start position. Is it fair to the guy who's got himself where he wants to be time wise only to find himself out of synch when you jump the clock to 30? Please keep in mind not trying to start a war here but rather to look at this from outside your one event D2 perspective on which you base this decision. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2004, we ran the full mill clock, just as everyone else does. We are doing everything we can to make this a better and more efficient event. Everyone must realize Celina is a small course, smaller than what is in the rulebook. It is also very deep. You have plenty of time to do 2 laps in 30 seconds. In '04 we had two retrieve boats with full time guys manning the boats. It was extremely efficient. we had 250 boats, raced from 8-8 Friday and Saturday. We were done at Noon on Sunday. In 2007, we are expecting 300 to 350 boats and we decided we should try to do everything we can to speed the event up. There are details to be ironed out, but I truely believe it won't be a big deal. We will not allow boats to cut the course during mill. We did some research about the couple of races in IMPBA that used the 30 second clock prior to making the decision.

Brian

uh oh caps on again! i sent complete article in with caps on. i didnt know it made a difference. they had to redo whole article. sorry it just makes it easier for old eyes to read, not that you have old eyes or anything.

at least i didnt hit the font size or color. take it in stride nothing was meant by it. not my style. i just try to run races and have not too many problems.

thanks, dan

end of discussion.

uh oh caps on again! i sent complete article in with caps on. i didnt know it made a difference. they had to redo whole article. sorry it just makes it easier for old eyes to read, not that you have old eyes or anything.

at least i didnt hit the font size or color. take it in stride nothing was meant by it. not my style. i just try to run races and have not too many problems.

thanks, dan

end of discussion.
Haha...its a good thing Dan and I can shrug off criticism. There is a good reason why we are doing everything we are doing.

we will have an updated/corrected flyer posted very soon on the impba site. it will have outrigger instead of hydro in the ls/xls class and we are adding open classes.

open hydro

open mono

32 boat limit in each

if it has a propeller , it can run in open class

gas, electric, nitro.

Latest posts

Back