*** CELINA SUMMER CHALLENGE XIX***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,

Check your e-mail. Doug Shepherd had to make an emergency trip to Michigan this week.

Bert

Last edited by a moderator:
THE CELINA SUMMER CHALLENGE XIX R/C BOAT RACE will be held june 13-14 at celina oh, 45822 eastview park. open water will be friday THE 12TH after setup which starts at 8:00am friday.VOLUNTEER HELP WILL BE ACCEPTED. CONTROLLED open water will close by 5:00pm friday. HOT FOOD will be served daily (NOT ON FRIDAY) RACE DAYS ONLY.SATURDAY drivers meeting at 8:00 am (mandatory) and racing will be 5 minutes after close of drivers meeting. 70 heats will be run on saturday and the remainder will be run on sunday starting after the sunday 8:00am driver meeting. there is a 140 boat limit. the deadline is may 25th .

**NEW*** saturday nite free will offering ribs and chicken with the trimmings for the drivers(no refreshments) at about 6:00 -6:30pm.

**SUNDAY*** AFTER HEAT RACING SHORT TROPHY PRESENTATION AND SHORT DOOR PRIZE DRAWING.

flyer at i.m.p.b.a. web site,or d-14 web site .OR [email protected] . entry deadline is MAY 25 TH .

prizes so far in random order are, ZIPP KITS, INSANE BOATS, GAS R/C, HANDIBOND, PHILS HOBBY SHOP, VOO-DOO PROPS, BLAZER MARINE, SPEEDMASTER, CC RACING ENGINES, JAGUAR HYDROS, MASTON MARINE.

deadline is the 26th /may. several classes will be eliminated. will update as the last few arrive by snail-mail-

d-mono so far, cracker,open gas and nitro rigger on the edge, might be combined, rtr might be combined with sport 20. this is preliminary, not done yet. will give definate update by friday filling quickly as we are NOT the only game in town.

*** , deadline is may 26th .

sorry to those who didnt get in. if its in the mail and postmarked , i will accept it. no refunds as of the 26th

more info to follow soon..

Dan,

If you want another ready to run on DSM, Put CHuck in there. I will pay it when I get there. Your choice. Ken

THE CELINA SUMMER CHALLENGE XIX R/C BOAT RACE will be held june 13-14 at celina oh, 45822 eastview park. open water will be friday THE 12TH after setup which starts at 8:00am friday.VOLUNTEER HELP WILL BE ACCEPTED. CONTROLLED open water will close by 5:00pm friday. HOT FOOD will be served daily (NOT ON FRIDAY) RACE DAYS ONLY.SATURDAY drivers meeting at 8:00 am (mandatory) and racing will be 5 minutes after close of drivers meeting. 70 heats will be run on saturday and the remainder will be run on sunday starting after the sunday 8:00am driver meeting. there is a 140 boat limit. the deadline is may 25th .

**NEW*** saturday nite free will offering ribs and chicken with the trimmings for the drivers(no refreshments) at about 6:00 -6:30pm.

**SUNDAY*** AFTER HEAT RACING SHORT TROPHY PRESENTATION AND SHORT DOOR PRIZE DRAWING.

flyer at i.m.p.b.a. web site,or d-14 web site .OR [email protected] . entry deadline is MAY 25 TH .

prizes so far in random order are, ZIPP KITS, INSANE BOATS, GAS R/C, HANDIBOND, PHILS HOBBY SHOP, VOO-DOO PROPS, BLAZER MARINE, SPEEDMASTER, CC RACING ENGINES, JAGUAR HYDROS, MASTON MARINE.

deadline is the 26th /may. several classes will be eliminated. will update as the last few arrive by snail-mail-

d-mono so far, cracker,open gas and nitro rigger on the edge, might be combined, rtr might be combined with sport 20. this is preliminary, not done yet. will give definate update by friday filling quickly as we are NOT the only game in town.

*** , deadline is may 26th .

sorry to those who didnt get in. if its in the mail and postmarked , i will accept it. no refunds as of the 26th

more info to follow soon..
Dan, I know of two that was in the mail yesterday. They were postmarked for the 26th. Sorry waited so long to get it in.

THE CELINA SUMMER CHALLENGE XIX R/C BOAT RACE will be held june 13-14 at celina oh, 45822 eastview park. open water will be friday THE 12TH after setup which starts at 8:00am friday.VOLUNTEER HELP WILL BE ACCEPTED. CONTROLLED open water will close by 5:00pm friday. HOT FOOD will be served daily (NOT ON FRIDAY) RACE DAYS ONLY.

SATURDAY drivers meeting at 8:00 am (mandatory) and racing will be 5 minutes after close of drivers meeting. 70 heats will be run on saturday and the remainder will be run on sunday starting after the sunday 8:00am driver meeting. there is a 140 boat limit. the deadline is may 25th .

THE FOLLOWING CLASSES ARE CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF ENTRIES, OPEN NITRO RIGGER, OPEN GAS RIGGER, D-MONO, CRACKER BOX.

all other classes you will have plenty of competition!!

Good Luck this weekend guys. wish i woulda preregsterd for this race. thats ok my boat wont be here by friday anyway lol..

we are ready! weather is looking great. all but 15 contestants are set up and ready.with 80 contestants and 175 boats and 4 rounds we are on cruising low mode!

i will post results as quick as possible, hopefully monday nite

Dan give me a day or two to post the pics from the races.. Joe took some great shots from the races.. he took about 200+pics.I want to post the best shots from the races.. Hey I want to thank some of you guys that met&talk to my boyfriend joe... He's hooked big time now on boats!!!!!!! You treated him like one of your own boating friend...Dan even put him to work too.. He took pics for the club and got him to help judge scale&sport40 boats for show&looks...I got stuck working part time this weekend and I was very upset too about it..I was there more on sunday..Joe was there all day for the three days of racing..had some crashes and blowovers too.We got too meet Phil thomas,Dave Roch,Dough shepherd&bret=circuscircus,Brian&Dave Blazer,Juice,zz dale,Wes....Oh they had four girls racing too!!!!!!! yougnest was 10 yearsold to the oldest was about in her 40's...

Driftwood Model Boat Club and Dan Kramer

Great people, beautiful weather, AWESOME B-B-Q!!!, terrific racing, and lots of fun. If you could not make it, you missed a good one. Thank you guys for a fun weekend.

Chuck and I got in late last night. We finally just got unpacked partially due to the rain here in St. Louis today. I want to thank all the Driftwood Model boaters and Dan for a great time. The BBQ Was Awesome!! Tom, Great drive in the final in 1/8 scale. Six boats started and finished that heat!! There was alot of Awesome racing through out the weekend. Miss Hydro, It was nice meeting you and Joe. You guys have some very sharp boats! NOW COME RACE WITH US!! Joe has a lot of good Ideas and will do well with boats. It was a lot of fun and the weekend went by just too fast. OH, and James Ellett looking good with his spt 20, spt 40 and Scale. He will be one to watch in Evansville. Thanks again Driftwood Model boaters for a Super Weekend. Ken

haha! Perfect score, baby!! It was a good Race, We have been talking alot of smack, But I am here to tell you, there are more boats running good in this class than we are talking about. Johnathon B. had 1500 pts, and his only second was to me, and he got 4th after a runoff with Chuck. James Ellett was very fast, I may have beat him more due to the start than the speed of my boat. Bert Dygert never got to race me, Chuck, or Johnathon, BUt was very fast. He had 1550 pts. One Cut bouy cost him. Phil was very fast, and inconsistant, haha! I bet he looks to improve at Evansville also.

Ken

Latest posts

Back