Gas boats catching up with Nitro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, $2.69 a gallon 'round here for reg unleaded. y'all SUV owners are hatin it :p

I had some clients from europe the other day, they are paying to the tune of $1.50 a liter :blink: . that's over $6 a gallon! Aussie's pay about $1.20 a liter, so it could be worse, a lot worse

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the bright side one day it may be cheaper to run nitro in our cars, won't that be a blast.

ClayGlover said:
yeah, $2.69 a gallon 'round here for reg unleaded.  y'all SUV owners are hatin it :p
I had some clients from europe the other day, they are paying to the tune of $1.50 a liter :blink: .  that's over $6 a gallon!  Aussie's pay about $1.20 a liter, so it could be worse, a lot worse

111114[/snapback]

.............but most of it is taxes...............

Yep, here in Sunny Western Australia I paid $1.24 per litre (today) of unleaded for the "Death Trap" (1988 Nissan Navara Ute).

Worst thing is, the vehicle isn't in anyway fuel efficient. Near on $60 to fill the tank and I get approximatley 390-400kms before the tank is scary low.

I'm just glad the Zenoah's aren't as thirsty as the car or I'd be in trouble :unsure:

Guess I'm going to have to start saving/using the potato peelings :D :D :D

Johno

Methanol is cheaper than petrol (gas) here in Sydney. $1.24 a litre yesterday, methanol $1.00.

World parity oil prices.... WTF????

1994 Suburban SLT 5.7, I keep it tuned up for 17 MPG highway, has 52 gallon tank, filled up Friday @ $2.479 a gallon x 48.2 gallons== [SIZE=14pt]$119.49[/SIZE]and they expect it to reach $3.00 gallon before Labour Day weekend.

I work in a Medium & Heavy Duty truck repair facility and we also do service and warranty work on Motorhomes, and right now we are at warp speed to keep up with the work coming into that shop, so it aint slowing the gas gu$$lers down at all, most of the front engine gas burners and also the diesel pushers only get 5-7 MPG at best and right now diesel is going for around $2.80 a gallon.

When you figure the cost of running a gas boat, remember to figure in the cost of the oil. That might put it at about $5 a gallon altogether.

if thats not enough you can buy 130 ron avgas for 80 c a litre !!

but the airport wont sell it anymore to us <_<

jason

Used to be that the biggest expenses for Nitro guys was Nitro, Room & Board and Food. Now I'm trying to figure out if my credit cards will handle the Gas bill to Chesapeake and Atlanta over the next 2 weeks. :blink: :eek:

Scott

Preston_Hall said:
Nitro - $30/galRoom - $60/night

Food - $5 McDonald's

2 tanks of gas - priceless

111340[/snapback]

It costs me $50 for each one day club race in just gas & munchies. Good thing I like thses like boats so much. :p

just to show you how things are different around the world:

here in SAO PAULO-Brazil we pay U$80- 1 liter of nitro and gas costs about U$1 the liter so I'm seriously thinking to stick to a gas rigger... :lol:

Gill

Latest posts

Back