*** GA Championships Update ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigChuck said:
OK OK ..................You know I would have something to say. There were 7 gas boats, cats and monos in open offshore.  NITRO WAS THE WINNER!!!!!! :D   :D   :D
OH........................CLEAR 1/2 a lap winner :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

AND STARTED BEHIND THE GAS BOATS EVERY HEAT!!!!!!!!!!! ;)   ;)   ;)

AND YOU KNOW WHY I COULD NOT GET A WILD CARD :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   Popyes,Church's,Ms Winners, KFC  :D   :D   :D

A great race for all who attended B)   B)   B)

112661[/snapback]

Chuck's offshore boat was haulin' a$$... No doubt about it... Our Gas Monos run pretty decent and he just pulled out and passed us on the loooong offshore straights (he made a few nice inside moves too)... I would have liked to see that boat run in F-Mono...

Oh, I would say make mine extra crispy, but I ain't scared!!! :p

+++++++++++++++++++

Chuck, thanks for calling for Mom all weekend. If we can find her a few more HP she may be dangerous!

+++++++++++++++++++

Scooter, thanks again for calling for me all weekend.

+++++++++++++++++++

Later,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

It looks like it was the" Eric Canto Summer Nationals " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Five boats and five first place trophies,he will need his trailer to carry all

the wood home. :D :D :D

Eric,

One word " IMPRESSIVE "

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Thanks to Don Huff, Kathy Huff and all the Atlanta Model Boat Club for having us in for another Great Race!!! It was FUN!!!

Congrats to Lamar on winning the Shootout and Congrats to Chuck Simmons for saving Nitro face and Whooping Hiney in Offshore. Eric Canto, what can you say, He's a Winning Machine!!

Great Weather, Great Racing and Great Friends! What more could you ask for!!

Oh and for those of you who didn't make it because "They were Skeeeered they wouldn't be able to find any Gas for their Car" I did Bad mouth you all weekend and there was Plenty of Gas all over for $2.99.

Thanks again AMB! The Plaques in the shape of Georgia are Great!

Scott Norris

Scooter had it right SKEEERED........................ :D :D

My F-mono was and is better than the Offshore boat. How ever "KAMAKIZE" as I will name him did not like being passed { Blown BY } in the back strait, Starit lined the corner and " took me out at #5."

Eric had the " Horseshoe Halo" all weekend. He earned it Congrats.

Intersting point.. Cole Morton is Norman's 14 year old grandson. Who was LEADING :eek: :eek: :eek: Both of his classes going into the 5th round. In wanting to see what the young man was capable of.................. We put him on the offshore boat after the race was over. IMPRESSIVE to say the least. In a few laps he was turning it like he STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Congrats to Terry Trott from Bermuda for being the "WATER BABY" He did

well in D-hydro............. Yes, HE JUMPED IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scooter.............D-mono is on the RAIL.........HALUIN A$$ ;) ;) ;)

Always a pleasure to help mom................. At the next team meeting I look to the mamagement to CANCELL THE TEAM ORDERS.............so mom can show the Boys

" WHOSE THE BOSS" ............. OH and lets step up in the ponies :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will 2cd Chuck's coments on Cole (Norman's Grandson). Great driver!!! I pushed him hard for 5 straight laps in the last heat of Cat before finally getting by. He makes very few mistakes, holds a tight line, does not give into pressure, and much like his Grandpa, he is not afraid to use the BLOCK to keep you from getting by.

I hope to see him at more races in the future! Fun to run with...

We told Norman that he should not have let Cole run your Offshore boat... He may not want to go back to anything slower ever again!!! :D

Later,

Lamar

Thank you all very much for the compliments. Weedends like this make it easier to take the ones where it all goes wrong. This was my first time racing in Atlanta and I must say the rumors are true, the Huffs are super nice people. It was very nice to meet Terry from Bermuda, another great guy. My race partners Jeff Lutz, and Sam Coyle could not make the race and I appreciate the pit help I got from John Brown. I wish Jeff the best in recovering from Katrina! Thanks again.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Eric Canto said:
Thank you all very much for the compliments.  Weedends like this make it easier to take the ones where it all goes wrong.  This was my first time racing in Atlanta and I must say the rumors are true, the Huffs are super nice people.  It was very nice to meet Terry from Bermuda, another great guy.  My race partners Jeff Lutz, and Sam Coyle could not make the race and I appreciate the pit help I got from John Brown.  I wish Jeff the best in recovering from Katrina!  Thanks again.
Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

112813[/snapback]

Eric, That is some awesome results, that many first place wins don't come from luck.I sure would have loved to see your new Cajun Bullet F boat, 1st race, 1st place! Maybe I'll make it next year. Jeff Lutz

Jeff Lutz said:
Eric Canto said:
Thank you all very much for the compliments.  Weedends like this make it easier to take the ones where it all goes wrong.  This was my first time racing in Atlanta and I must say the rumors are true, the Huffs are super nice people.  It was very nice to meet Terry from Bermuda, another great guy.  My race partners Jeff Lutz, and Sam Coyle could not make the race and I appreciate the pit help I got from John Brown.  I wish Jeff the best in recovering from Katrina!  Thanks again.
Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

112813[/snapback]

Eric, That is some awesome results, that many first place wins don't come from luck.I sure would have loved to see your new Cajun Bullet F boat, 1st race, 1st place! Maybe I'll make it next year. Jeff Lutz

112829[/snapback]

Eric did quite well all weekend in all classes. He seemed to be rather fortunate to avoid the infamous Atlanta pond monsters during the weekend. And he said this was his first time there. I continued to get them, some new ones and big turtles as well. He drove well, stayed out of trouble, stayed out of the holes and kept them running. Swept with first places in B, D, E & F hydros and F mono. 5 classes and 5 first places. Excellence of performance is what you call it. Well done my friend! But I was hot on your tail all weekend and you know it! Next time ....

Eric Canto said:
Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

112813[/snapback]

Thanks Eric! We really appreciate you driving all the way up from Gainsville. You have nice, fast boats & you know how to drive them. Congrats on the well deserved 5 firsts...

Hope to see you again next year.

Later,

Lamar

BigChuck said:
Intersting point.. Cole Morton is Norman's 14 year old grandson. Who was LEADING :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   Both of his classes going into the 5th round. In wanting to see what the young man was capable of.................. We put him on the offshore boat after the race was over.  IMPRESSIVE to say the least. In a few laps he was turning it like he STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

112737[/snapback]

I was informed earlier this morning by Norman that Cole is not 14 years old... he is in fact only [SIZE=14pt]11 [/SIZE]years old!!!

3rd in LSG CAT & 2cd in LSG OPEN HYDRO and he had Big Chuck's F-Boat hanging the pins in 3 laps... Watch out for this young gun!!! I spoke with his Dad and he said we can expect to see more of Cole next season!

Later,

Lamar

Jeff Lutz said:
Eric Canto said:
Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

112813[/snapback]

112829[/snapback]

Jeff, hopefully next year I will be back with a new KOMPRESSOR K-90 TWIN!

Eric

John Knight said:
Jeff Lutz said:
Eric Canto said:
Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

112813[/snapback]

112829[/snapback]

Eric did quite well all weekend in all classes. He seemed to be rather fortunate to avoid the infamous Atlanta pond monsters during the weekend. And he said this was his first time there. I continued to get them, some new ones and big turtles as well. He drove well, stayed out of trouble, stayed out of the holes and kept them running. Swept with first places in B, D, E & F hydros and F mono. 5 classes and 5 first places. Excellence of performance is what you call it. Well done my friend! But I was hot on your tail all weekend and you know it! Next time ....

112833[/snapback]

John, the only person I remember being "hot on my tail" recently is my wife!!

:p :p :p :p :p

Eric Canto

BigChuck said:
Always a pleasure to help mom................. At the next team meeting I look to the mamagement to CANCELL THE TEAM ORDERS.............so mom can show the Boys " WHOSE THE BOSS" ............. OH and lets step up in the ponies :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

112737[/snapback]

OK, OK, OK... To all those that have brought it to our attention that Mom's (Kathy Huff) Gas Mono is "slightly" slower than the rest of the Team Huff fleet I have good news...

[SIZE=14pt]I FOUND THE PROBLEM[/SIZE]

I went by Pop's shop on my lunch hour today and started tearing her boat apart. I searched high & low for OBVIOUS problems and none were to be found. I took care of some minor issues during reassembly, but nothing that should have her running as far off the pace as she has been.

Just before I walked out the door I decided to check and make sure the servo endpoints were set properly. I wanted to make sure that when she was a WOT she was really at WOT. Everything checked out fine. As I was pulling the throttle trigger one last time I heard a vibrating, buzzing noise coming from the radio box. I looked down and noticed the throttle was only open approx. 3/4 of the way and servo was jumping back and forth ever so slightly. Looks like a bad servo has been causing the problem all along. 3 out of 4 times you nail it the throttle goes to full open. However; 1 out of 4 times it only goes to 3/4 throttle and starts jumping back and forth.

It was driving us nuts because one heat the boat would be ON and the very next heat it would be 5 MPH slower.

Changing out the servo should definately "Step up the Ponies"...

Later,

Lamar

Looks like the throw out race may not help you now!

-Bobby

Lamar_Huff said:
BigChuck said:
Always a pleasure to help mom................. At the next team meeting I look to the mamagement to CANCELL THE TEAM ORDERS.............so mom can show the Boys " WHOSE THE BOSS" ............. OH and lets step up in the ponies :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

112737[/snapback]

OK, OK, OK... To all those that have brought it to our attention that Mom's (Kathy Huff) Gas Mono is "slightly" slower than the rest of the Team Huff fleet I have good news...

[SIZE=14pt]I FOUND THE PROBLEM[/SIZE]

I went by Pop's shop on my lunch hour today and started tearing her boat apart. I searched high & low for an OBVIUOS problem and none were to be found. I took care of some minor issues during reassembly, but nothing that should have her running as far off the pace as she has been.

Just before I walked out the door I decided to check and make sure the servo endpoints were set properly. I wanted to make sure that when she was a WOT she was really at WOT. Everything checked out fine. As I was pulling the throttle trigger one last time I heard a vibrating, buzzing noise coming from the radio box. I looked down and noticed the throttle was only open approx. 3/4 of the way and servo was jumping back and forth ever so slightly. Looks like a bad servo has been causing the problem all along. 3 out of 4 times you nail it the throttle goes to full open. However; 1 out of 4 times it only goes to 3/4 throttle and starts jumping back and forth.

It was driving us nuts becasue one heat the boat would be ON and the very next heat it would be 5 MPH slower.

Changing out the servo should defiantely "Step up the Ponies"...

Later,

Lamar

114037[/snapback]

BOBBYH said:
Looks like the throw out race may not help you now!
                                                              -Bobby

114038[/snapback]

DOH!!! If she wasn't my Mom I would wait until the season was [SIZE=14pt]OVER [/SIZE]to tell her! :D

Later,

Lamar

Latest posts

Back