futaba servos for JAE's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck st romain

i was wondering if anyone know what the futaba equivlent servos would be for the JAE riggers. i have had problems with the hitec servos failing. i have gone through 2 throtle (1-hs82mg and 1-hs81bb) and one steering hs225mg. my linkage is not binding and i dont have any explaination as to why they are failing. the hs81bb striped the gears (understandable because it was not metal gear but it is still only the throtle) and the hs225mg just failed and started moving very slow. today at the pond i replaced both servos and the 82mg throtle lasted 1 run before it gave out, it will only move in one direction. another guy at the pond also lost his 225mg steering servo today as well.

what i was thinking was that it would be a good idea to go with futaba servos. i have always had good luck with them. i am not sure weather i will use digital or analog. i think i will use analog in the 12 that i am currently running and digital in the 12, 21g and 21fe i am building. i am also open to using full size steering servo's if that is what people are doing. the only problem is i need something close to the hitec for the boat that allready has the servo mounts installed

does any one know what futaba servos are closest in size to the hitec's, both digital and analog.

thanks and aloha

on my jae 21 and jae 12 i am using the futabe S3102 for throttle and third channel and the new S3016 for steering.

Will a JR590 work for the rudder and a JR270 for throttle. Got these in the shop and going to use them if they'll work. Trying to use what I've got and not go and get new when I've some that may work. Seeing what all I've got to put one of these rockets together. Hope to order the hull real soon. Thanks Lynn

I'd like to know myself on what brand to use hitec or futaba, the futaba's are a BIT more in cost, but are they worth it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most servo problems are caused by two things, Vibration and water, If you put in your servos in and tighten the screws down tight the vibration goes right to the servo and it breaks the small board inside, Do not tighten the servo make it so you can move it with your fingers and be sure to use the rubber gromments and the brass insert with the flared end down an a small washer or servo screw on the top. Talk to and airplane guy and he will tell you this is the way they do and have very little trouble with servos I have a 21 hydro and have not changed a servo in 4 years, and I run all year, I use a hitec 225mg for the rudder and 2 hitec 85mg.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Walt's Hobbies

i know it is from vibration. i use the stock servo mounts and double sided tape between the mount and servo but i still keep killing them. there is no way to use gromets in this mount and i never get even a drop of water in my radio box. i guess i will try running them looser. i too have used the 225mg in several FE's with no problem...

Most servo problems are caused by two things, Vibration and water, If you put in your servos in and tighten the screws down tight the vibration goes right to the servo and it breaks the small board inside, Do not tighten the servo make it so you can move it with your fingers and be sure to use the rubber gromments and the brass insert with the flared end down an a small washer or servo screw on the top. Talk to and airplane guy and he will tell you this is the way they do and have very little trouble with servos I have a 21 hydro and have not changed a servo in 4 years, and I run all year, I use a hitec 225mg for the rudder and 2 hitec 85mg.

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

Walt's Hobbies

s3102 micro is futaba version all metal gear servo, or you could use the hitec mg82 micro.

s3016 mini is futaba new bb metal gear servo it replaced there s3002 model which is close to the hitec mg225 mini.

whatever you use i would only use a metal gear servo i had to many plastic gear servos fail in my boats it may be bad luck or my boats dont like plastic gear servos.

I'm going to run 3305's, they have been flawless so far, remember the Torque is at stall, so allow some head room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back