Fuel?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobieHernandez

I am running a K&B 7.5 Outboard'

What type of fuel do you guys suggest.

I am currently running 20% hpi fuel..

should percentage change in cold water??

Hobie,

I don't know where yo ulive or how cold it gets there but I adjust my glow-plugs to the weather, not the fuel.

[i live in NJ,Thanks alot guys.

WOW I didn't even know they made 50%,I thought 40 was the highest..I guess it will be ok to burn the gallon of Trinity 30% that I have here for my cars..I was thinking of airplane fuel,assuming that the cold water was to cold so that I would need less lubricate to make it run hotter..

HobieHernandez said:
[i live in NJ,Thanks alot guys.WOW I didn't even know they made 50%,I thought 40 was the highest..I guess it will be ok to burn the gallon of Trinity 30% that I have here for my cars..I was thinking of airplane fuel,assuming that the cold water was to cold so that I would need less lubricate to make it run hotter..

75761[/snapback]

70% isn't uncommon.

maybe more important then the nitro: Use at least 16% oil or so. Your car fuel probably has less then 10%?

Oscar

Ps I use 25% nitro but in Europe a lot of guys use less then 20% (I did too for years)

One thing to remember the higher the nitro the harder it is to light off. When I ran 20 & 40 o/b I used 60% & 15% oil with great results. B)

i run 60%in my k&b 3.5 ss outboard, with 20% oil content red max blend.

allen

I'm confused?LOL :blink:

Thanks alot for the input,,What a time for the boat bug to bite,I have had that tunnel hull sitting in my garage for over a year.I picked it up cheap and new someday I would use it..My interest would spark up as we head into winter..I ran it yesterday and had tons of fun,ran to LHS found a used 37 inch skater(I think it is called)The guy was looking for 150,store owner said it has been sitting there a while,so I offered 100,he gave him a ring with the offer and he took it..It seems like a great deal at 100,paint is a little rough,but the glass is good and has all running hardware mounted..Needs a motor,pipe,and prop.This morning I managed to pick up all 3 used for a 150,OPS67 looks old but has alot of compression..

I guess my kids are not getting anything this Christmas..LOL :lol:

"Thanks alot for the input,,What a time for the boat bug to bite...."

I'd say it didn't just bite, it drew blood! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can always frankenstein your fuel. A little bit of old, trinity 20%, the rest of the 30% jug of fuel your plane used before you sold it 7 years ago... And if it doesnt provide enough pow, just add lighter fluid :lol: Kidding... But hey, you do have 3 engines....

Skater is a full size powerboat build that makes wicked fast cats (120+mph) So i think your boat would be classified as a catermaran .

Phil :lol: ;) :)

The guy who sold it had a sign up on it,Skatter cat,From the bottomside it does look alot like my tunnel hull<but the hull looks like it is done in 3 sections,it does not have a turn fin like my tunnel hull,I guess I will find out if I need one when I run it..My LHS sold me the 67ops out of a big budweiser dumas boat he had,he claims it did 70 in the bud boat,Told me to put a block of wood on the trigger..LOL

He's says it will easily go over 70 if I don't flip it 1st..

Back