FROM THE HEART!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
First, I just wanted to to wish all the crazy and wonderful folks that ive come to know on IW and Dist. 3 a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! What a great bunch of people and a great forum! I dont want to be a downer on Christmas but i did want share this you... I took my granddaughters to the local toy store to buy 4 toys to give to Toys for Tots here in Fla. We purchased the toys and took them to the Marine VFW lodge that has a large building next to it to store the toys..The bar maid had such an appreciative look on her face when she saw my kids come in with those toys...then she told me why...she told me that just in Pasco county where we live there are THREE THOUSAND familys who will not have a Christmas without help and we dont have enough toys to go around..then an old Marine that was sitting at the bar said to me "son,you cant start em too young!"My response was Thank you SIR! What im getting at is that in my 50 years on this planet, thanks to my parents, ive never gone without Christmas, nor have my children, nor my grandchildren..God knows weve seen some tight times, but we always managed to have Christmas.....there is no doubt that we are all living in very difficult times, but i emplore those of you who have the means to help these families that might not be able to give thier kids a Christmas without your help to make it happen...For those who have fallen on hard times i wish you nothing but better times in the near future...i am a very lucky man and it has little to do with monetary wealth, cause i aint got that!! if this sounds sappy, i apologize to no one, as i said ITS FROM THE HEART! Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I just wanted to to wish all the crazy and wonderful folks that ive come to know on IW and Dist. 3 a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! What a great bunch of people and a great forum! I dont want to be a downer on Christmas but i did want share this you... I took my granddaughters to the local toy store to buy 4 toys to give to Toys for Tots here in Fla. We purchased the toys and took them to the Marine VFW lodge that has a large building next to it to store the toys..The bar maid had such an appreciative look on her face when she saw my kids come in with those toys...then she told me why...she told me that just in Pasco county where we live there are THREE THOUSAND familys who will not have a Christmas without help and we dont have enough toys to go around..then an old Marine that was sitting at the bar said to me "son,you cant start em too young!"My response was Thank you SIR! What im getting at is that in my 50 years on this planet, thanks to my parents, ive never gone without Christmas, nor have my children, nor my grandchildren..God knows weve seen some tight times, but we always managed to have Christmas.....there is no doubt that we are all living in very difficult times, but i emplore those of you who have the means to help these families that might not be able to give thier kids a Christmas without your help to make it happen...For those who have fallen on hard times i wish you nothing but better times in the near future...i am a very lucky man and it has little to do with monetary wealth, cause i aint got that!! if this sounds sappy, i apologize to no one, as i said ITS FROM THE HEART! Bill
Merry Christmas Bill, The world could use a few more people like you!

Glenn Gates

Merry Christmas Bill, The world could use a few more people like you!

Glenn Gates

Glenn:

You hit the nail on the head. This man is one of the nicest people that I have met in this hobby over MANY years.

I am proud to call him a friend!

Latest posts

Back