Freezing!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got all snow, charles. ended up with 23" yesterday when it quit 'bout 6 pm. complete turnaround today, clear, sunny 46*. all plowed & dug out, ready for 6 more inches of snow early sat. am. my wife made fun of me buying leesburg honda's old shop truck. that '88 mitsubishi 4x4 with a working power angle western plow was the BEST $100 i ever spent!! 11 years & 120 K miles later it's still going. 243 K miles total.

I had to put some sun screen today. It was 84 degrees this afternoon and it'll probably cool down to about 55 tonight.

VIEW FROM THE MAN CAVE.JPG

VIEW FROM THE MAN CAVE 2.JPG

I'm looking forward to 10 days of low to mid 40s, two nights that may get below freezing and rain through Thursday

Here in the good old qca 3 hours west of chicago we got 6.5 inches that makes 53.7 this winter that makes it the snowyest winter ever in the qca

Last edited by a moderator:
Over 6" of snow here yesterday, on top of I can't even measure it anymore.

High 30's forecast for today, look out for the flooding.

What a winter!

Good caming Tom.... we had 2" or so with about .5" ice.. 25 wrecks in about 3 hours in town.. Dummys!

I'm thinking the 3+ inches of rain we've had the past couple of days isn't so bad. Much easier to drive in rain than snow and ice. However, lots of snow dumping in the Cascade Mountains and that makes the skiers/snow boarders happy.

JD

Not totally JD. Both Stevens and Snoqualmie Passes were closed yesterday due to the avalanche hazard and poor road conditions

Wish I had a picture, but I finally got the snow blower out today. Had my boots on and shorts, 45℉ is just too hot after sitting all winter waiting to get back to work:)

ahhhhh... the 40's... yeah Pete! Iowa... all day long.. now.... for the 4 to 8 comin' thursday... ( they give up, 'bout a month ago, actually telling us how much was really coming)... got 'er piled up and cant piles no more... brace for the flooding, and, you guys'll have water in the pond this year fer sure!... back to cold here shortly.... come on..... mike

I hear you fellas on the flooding... I'm a seasonal worker and all this snow will for sure put a big delay on getting back to work. Hopefully a gradual melt will happen and start soon. Road restrictions and wet ground will be up for some time:(

At least you all aren't having landslides. Here in western WA, the ground is so soggy that all you have to do is touch a hillside to set off a slide. To make things even more fun, there are flood watches on several of the major rivers. Getting 5+ feet of snow in the Cascades over the past couple of days is going to be problematic as well when it starts to melt

Ever been in the Cascades when the tree branches were so heavily iced they started breaking off and sticking in a hard packed dirt road like 10 foot ice covered spears? That could be problematic- depending on your exact location.

We have that right now Glenn. Both the main east/west routes to eastern WA have been closed for part of the past few days because of that and the avalanche issue

From what little I've read about the weather this year Mark- there's been a high pressure ridge sitting just off the entire coast of CA for some time(blocking storms from coming in from the pacific). Guess the storms had to blow in somewhere. Blame it on CA if you want- Most think we're all nuts and flakes here anyway
default_laugh.png

Them land slides are no joke. I lost my only cousins years ago to one in Hawaii. Thats the better part of Minnesota, most of the stuff can be predicted and you know when to run to shelter and does not last long other then the cold!!!

Back