• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Brand new VAC 45 with Header

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronratoff

Brand new in the box Vac 45 with header from Stu Barr. IW rules apply, first to say I'll take it. $550.00 includes shipping USA.

So I purchased this brand-new in-the-box CMB 45 VAC engine. Received it on monday (March 17 @11:45am PST).

First of all, the header was not included with the engine, it was missing from the package. Only the engine, with carb (which was mounted on the engine), and the water inlet screws were included in the delivered package.

Second, it's not (what I call) "brand-new in the box" condition. The engine has (obviously) been installed in a boat (or motor-mount). Appears to be somewhat manipulated or molested. The carb control arm exhibits marks, signs that a linkage was mounted or connected to it.

I was expecting a brand-new, in-the-box, CMB 45 VAC engine: an engine that is still wrapped in it's original plastic (CMB) bag; the carb, un-mounted, in original plastic (CMB) bag. Just like you receive it upon purchasing directly from a dealer (Stu Barr, as the seller references, in this case). That's what the seller implied to me (in post # 1). I took his word on that. But it was'nt (exactly) in the condition he claimed it to be.

I would be hesitant in regards to purchasing any items from this seller.

Other then the header missing, if it hasn't seen fuel or been modded I would consider it new. Sorry your disappointed, I hate when that happens.

Other then the header missing, if it hasn't seen fuel or been modded I would consider it new. Sorry your disappointed, I hate when that happens.
yeah.......point is, I could have just purchased a brand-new (un-molested) CMB 45 VAC directly from the dealer for $540.00USD. A header is an additional $45.00USD (not an insignificant amount of money in relation to this transaction).

I thought I could save some on overall cost going for this "brand-new in-the-box" package deal..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ron owes you a header or the money to buy you one. Based on the way I read the original post.

Oh Ron owes you a header or the money to buy you one. Based on the way I read the original post.
Yes ($45.00USD), or a brand-new in-the-package (un-molested) header.

But I would rather prefer to return the item (01- CMB 45 VAC engine) to the seller in-exchange for my original payment. The seller can then sell it to another buyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave,

If you used paypal you can stop payment and contest the purchase and get your money back and return the item. That's one of the good things about pp. Unfortunately you still have to pay return shipping.

Thanks, John

Lmao it doesn't mean one thing the proof is in this thread. It means more then one thing. Have you contacted Ron about the header or just come in here slinging crap?

Okay with all this said have you contacted Ron and let him know the header was missing in the box, maybe he forgot to put it in or it fell out when he wrapped it up. Everything else is minor. My 2cents

Back