For all you tunnel enthusiasts.........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys heres some translation.

The race happens every year on May 1st and this year was the 44th edition.

24hours, 44 boats and 400,000 spectators.

The course is 3.6kms long (2.23Miles) and 3.8kms (2.36 miles) for the more powerful boats, they reach speeds of over 200kms per hour (125mph) in the straights, also every 6 hours the tide changes direction.

The two Favorites at every race are the Americans with Mercury and the Canadians with Evinrude, Mercury had been winning since 1999 but Evinrude won last year. This year Mercury and Evinrude finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video action.

Night action......why don't we do it at the tunnel races... :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing, Ronald.

Blow overs and stuffs are the shizit, Great action ,Translation is, Dam this is gonna leave a mark!!!LOL

Thanks Steve H.

Ron, Night Action?? Some of those drivers at our tunnel champs can't drive during the daylight hours,be carefull what you ask for

used to have headlights on my bass boat, did a lot of night fishing. running at night is very challenging! my boat was good for 70 mph. can't imagine 120 + at night, with other boats, and a water spotted windshield :eek: . must need a wheelbarrow to carry that set of balls :lol: . cool video, reminds me of growing up in miami around all sorts of boat racing.

used to have headlights on my bass boat, did a lot of night fishing. running at night is very challenging! my boat was good for 70 mph. can't imagine 120 + at night, with other boats, and a water spotted windshield :eek: . must need a wheelbarrow to carry that set of balls :lol: . cool video, reminds me of growing up in miami around all sorts of boat racing.
Very cool video, and the night racing shot from the cockpit was truly awesome. Would like to go to Rouen next year.

Back