Flowmeter range #'s 45 CMB....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Larson

I'm searching the range numbers for an RS 45 engine anyone may have, with an old school propane flow unit, @ 40 inches .... granted day to day and beyond varies, etc, I'd just like possibly a low and high end generally to see if I'm in the range, and eliminate a variable thats been bothering me.... I've a idea possibly that the needle configuration I'm using may not be flowing enough to support the needs of the engine.... I know, theres some old boys out there with notebooks may have used propane way back.... any help and a set of variables would be great.... thanks Mike

I'm searching the range numbers for an RS 45 engine anyone may have, with an old school propane flow unit, @ 40 inches .... granted day to day and beyond varies, etc, I'd just like possibly a low and high end generally to see if I'm in the range, and eliminate a variable thats been bothering me.... I've a idea possibly that the needle configuration I'm using may not be flowing enough to support the needs of the engine.... I know, theres some old boys out there with notebooks may have used propane way back.... any help and a set of variables would be great.... thanks Mike
This came from one of cutomers about using BM GEN-3 flow meter:

Hi Boris,I'm probably the only one that didn't know this. I have had trouble with some inconsistent flow readings on my Gen 3 meter. I thought maybe the meter had a problem. Then I got a tip from another club member that to have really consistent flow numbers you need to have the glow plug out and the piston at bottom dead center (so the ports are open) when flowing. Since I have started doing this my flow numbers have been very repeatable and spot on. The race yesterday was cool, humid and overcast in the morning and warm, dry and sunny in the afternoon with big changes as the day wore on according to my air density meter. By following the procedure I mentioned above I was able to stay dead nuts on the tune all day long. Even won the race. I was the last one left running, but hey, even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while

Hi Boris,I'm probably the only one that didn't know this. I have had trouble with some inconsistent flow readings on my Gen 3 meter. I thought maybe the meter had a problem. Then I got a tip from another club member that to have really consistent flow numbers you need to have the glow plug out and the piston at bottom dead center (so the ports are open) when flowing. Since I have started doing this my flow numbers have been very repeatable and spot on. The race yesterday was cool, humid and overcast in the morning and warm, dry and sunny in the afternoon with big changes as the day wore on according to my air density meter. By following the procedure I mentioned above I was able to stay dead nuts on the tune all day long. Even won the race. I was the last one left running, but hey, even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while
is this how we should flow Boris using your gen three meter

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure about that tip? works for him

have the carby @ wot positon would be more to the point the rest of it would have no bearing on carby settings for flowing needles.

Back