flex shaft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hughey shafts are by far the best Gary Preusse has them and so does gasrc.com. I have run them with brass bushings for years with no wear. Id use a 1/4 for anything above a 45 engine

Who sells the most durable cable and were do I buy it ? [3/16] c/w stub.
CMDI sells the BEST 3/16 cable... Their cable is harder than most..... Many others unwind (birdcage) & twist off.

I agree and will add in the 1/4" shaft too. The shafts come with 2 flat spots cut for the drive dogs set screws on the 1/4" and one flat spot for the 3/16".

Andy also has the best drive dogs, all are bullet nosed and are more streamlined. The dogs for the 3/16" come in two styles, one very small for the really narrow struts and the standard diameter dogs. If you get both the shafts and the drive dogs, the set screws match identical with the shaft flat cuts and the set screws are then recessed, no filing needed. Sweet setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a few Hughey shafts. You can't go wrong , get a few of each. I'm not sure whitch is BETTER. I think the ones I made at home are the best.

Latest posts

Back