Fittings for a Lawless?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonSoper

Hello, Does anyone know the size of the fittings for the oiler hole on a Lawless? Are they the same for 3.5 &7.5? Anyone know where to get them? Thanks.

The oiler holes arent normally threaded on a lawless. We thread them and run M3 size nipples on them. You could honestly thread it to whatever size you want/will fit, unless it has already been threaded.

~James

Fred @ R Manufacturing (Lawless) is or was making a different base plate for oilers.

It has more material where the fitting would go and you had your choice of front or side facing fitting and came with the fitting installed. He also had little tanks for oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a spare baseplate with oiler fitting and the small tank from Fred if you are interested, I had to migrate over to electric tunnels and sold all the nitro stuff.

I must have been out of the forum for quite a while, I come back and everything is new. WOW, what a change! And I haven't even explored much.

I still do make the modified plates for both the 3.5 and 7.5 Lawless outboard drives to add either pressure or gravity-feed oiling to them. As Waltr mentioned, you can have your choice of a side mounted nipple that simply sticks out at a right angle to the drive (and could get broken off), or a different style fitting that is mounted under the plate. I usually have both styles available off the shelf. i also have small, 1-ounce tanks (Jim Irwin design, with three nipples on one end of a slightly-bigger-than-your-thumb-sized tank. Only one nipple is drilled, the other two can be drilled as your installation dictates or you choose.

Call me at 607-687-0143 for prices, etc, or e-mail me at [email protected]

I'm going to try to be more active on here and keep up a little better.

Fred

Latest posts

Back