First FE build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking boat! I have the same motor for my Zipp Kits 21FE. It was recommended that I stick with an ESC around 200A to eliminate the overheating problem. My motor though will be enclosed in the tub and water cooled. Have you had any problems with the EC5 connectors?

Thanks Dave, The only problem I have had was with a bad solder joint other than that they have been fine. I would much rather use the 6mm bullits but I am sharing batteries with my 12 year old son and I am afraid he will get the wires crossed and have a battery blow up on him.

John, the easiest way to eliminate the chance of getting wires crossed is all in the instalation of the connectors. U put female on the positive and male on the negitive (battery side, opposite on esc of course). That way u can't connect them backwards. I use a rubber cap on positive side to eliminate shorting in the toolbox. No need worry about open male on negative side.

Back