Firefighter GAS rigger setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris Mazor

Hi, Friends!

I'm building Firefighter Gas rigger from Tom Morhause plans. I will use SIKK 27 engine and Cooper Mufled pipe

Can somebody help me:

1. CG position?

2. Gas tank position?

3. Strut position?

4. Prop to start with?

5. Pipe lenght?

Thanks for help. Boris Mazor

I can help with 123

1 just keep things as far forward as reasonable

2 between the boom tubes

3 as shown on the drawing. everything should be setup as the drawing for a starting point.

If you only want to buy 1 prop, 6717/3 would be the one, I'd start the pipe at 11 1/4" measured in a straight line from the center of the exhaust port to the weld on the pipe. A rigger needs a strong motor, you might want to work on the sikk a little. The cowl is the biggest thing to pay attention to on the riggers, get one from Mike C at PHM, they do a real good job of keeping the water out of the carb.

Mike B

If you only want to buy 1 prop, 6717/3 would be the one, I'd start the pipe at 11 1/4" measured in a straight line from the center of the exhaust port to the weld on the pipe. A rigger needs a strong motor, you might want to work on the sikk a little. The cowl is the biggest thing to pay attention to on the riggers, get one from Mike C at PHM, they do a real good job of keeping the water out of the carb.Mike B
Thanks, Mike! I already ordered cowl and lihgted up piston on my SIKK 27. I use to run this endine on my own 56" mono, ~ 48 mph with not the best tuned pipe and 67/17/3 prop. Boris

Thanks Mike. B

The cowl is the biggest thing to pay attention to on the riggers, get one from Mike C at PHM, they do a real good job of keeping the water out of the carb.

Mike B

Here's a pic

I had to say it, they wouldn't have been born unless..........................

mb

Latest posts

Back