Finally Finished

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Bear

I bought the Newton plans in 1992, they sit for years and I finally decided to get going on it months ago. I finally got it to the point where I am ready to test. A few cosmetic details are still being worked on like the exhaust stacks, carb scoop and driver.

Here is the link to the photo gallery, 11 pages and 127 photos from start to finish. Let me know what you think. :D

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=103

What a beautiful job you did Russell, building and finishing this boat! Always nice to see someone put a lot of time and effort into one of these. No doubt that it will run as well or better when you get it in the water. Let us all know how it runs when you do get it wet!

Dick

Russell,

Looks GREAT, now we just need a Custom Props-4-U X-460 on the back of

that thing, and it will run as good as it looks. Specs. 57mm @6.00" of cup

should get her going rather well. :D

Nice Job Russell,

Mark Sholund

russell, great job. man my hat's off to you , just lovely man.

ps. dan look like you have a painter there in your area. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Russ. Congrats on a job well done.

Now cut that rudder off to 5" and let her fly!

Brian
Was wondering about that, it did seems a bit long.

Russell,

Looks GREAT, now we just need a Custom Props-4-U X-460 on the back of

that thing, and it will run as good as it looks. Specs. 57mm @6.00" of cup

should get her going rather well. :D

Nice Job Russell,

Mark Sholund
Money Order is on it's way. :D

That boat is awesome, I've always like the Miss Squire Shop boats. Please post pictures of her first run, it will look pretty sweet with a roostertail behind it.

Didn't get any pictures, but it's maiden voyage was yesterday. Thought the engine was rich at first but the turn fin had too much positive and lifted the prop out of the water making it "wakeup" in the corners. Kept richening it up on the third channel and it finally stated to get some speed. Stated with an X455/3 and then an X457/3.

Was wanting to spin at time too, so we adjusted the turn fin and that seemed to solve it at slower speeds. At about half throttle and into the wind it was getting real flighty and kept getting airborne. Got some things to try before the next outing to see if I can tame it down. It tracks extremely well though. Needed a little left trim and that was it.

I will try to get pictures of it running on the next outing.

Russell,

It sounds like you need a strut angle change and the turnfin needs to come back a little more.

Did you get the X-460 on her yet?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Good call on the prop Mark. I had a Squire like his from Roger's plans and an x460 ran great. The boat was light on the water so you really had to bring all your driving skills to the table with it. She was quick though. I'm really kicking myself for selling it.

Russell,

It sounds like you need a strut angle change and the turnfin needs to come back a little more.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Haven't put the 460 on it yet. The engine only has about 5 tanks through it, want to get it broke in good before I try that one.

I am going to set it up on the table again and see what the strut angle is. That may be the ticket. If it's set I will be looking at installing a bow spoiler on the bottom.

Russell,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Haven't put the 460 on it yet. The engine only has about 5 tanks through it, want to get it broke in good before I try that one.

I am going to set it up on the table again and see what the strut angle is. That may be the ticket. If it's set I will be looking at installing a bow spoiler on the bottom.

And I thoght your knees were knockin driving that RR67 when it had a fresh paint job. :)

I cant wait to see you drive this pretty thing in traffic. LOL

Aaahhhh Russell tighten up the course a little you're in lane 20....(hmm that didn't work)...Hey theres barbwire underwater on the back straight that will rip the paint off our boat (silent chuckle).....Alright, thats better...wait!! wait!!...stay outside the boueys!!!!! "

LOL!!!!

Funny funny, ha ha. It's safe out there in lane 20! I'll just sit back and watch everyone else dunk em, then I'll slide in there and WHAM#$%&, hit another one. **** it!!!

Those style pickle forks will be light on the water. what does it weigh rtr? You probally can lower the strut and add in a bit more angle. Dont be afraid to add some nose weight.

Back