FF .45 help needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken turmon

I am finally finishing up my FF.45. It will be a fast electric boat. I could really use some help with the turn fin location, cog and any other set up tips for this boat.

Thanks

Ken.. for what little... Marty S and i built these boats waaay back.. ( nitro)... If i remember Tom had a computer imaged engine in the plans for the CoG... per the fin i tabled mine front and rears installed ( rears an 1/8th higher than the fronts, the strut flat on the table), and had 3/4 inch below the water line/table to start... Marty's build smoked mine, and the boats did run very well... Electric, i just dont know... the weight per batteries and things... post just isnt much help... Forum owner Tom could be of more assistance maybe, as he developed the hull and they did well awhile ago.... built per plans the hull will jet... you can scale and measure initial set up from them, ( we did) and.. they went!... A lipo brick versus a 12 ounce tank full is a a weight thought right off.... idk... we did use a cupped/cut 1457 for initial testing purposes..... best i can do.... run it. it'll show you what it wants... 'luck... mike

Thanks. I have seen other older deigns that were converted sucessfuly. It looks like a good candidate for fe but time will tell. One thing for sure it wont be short on power he he.

Aim for 18%-20% of total hull weight at the strut on a scale with the front sponsons trailing edge sitting on something round. That should help to keep the prop hooked up.

Latest posts

Back