Ferrette base w/OS Needle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Anyone run a Ferrette base and OS needle in a Seaducer that would care to share pictures or mounting ideas ???

What works best ?

Andy

Anyone run a Ferrette base and OS needle in a Seaducer that would care to share pictures or mounting ideas ??? What works best ?

Andy
Andy Don makes a left side mounting base or a Right side mounting base. Or you can mount it on the floor. Good little needle base for the Hydros that have a center engine location & not a lot of room inside the engine bay area. I like my needle base as close to the carb as possible, But others do mount them behind the engine. Closer to the radio box. if you can mount it & get a servo arm to it plus take advantage of 90 degrees of the stroke you will be OK. The OS needle threads are course & adjust the needle settings quickly. P.S On a Mono I would mount on the RS of the engine on the top of the stringer. try to keep it just above the highest fuel level to prevent siphoning of fuel. Hope this helps jw

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone run a Ferrette base and OS needle in a Seaducer that would care to share pictures or mounting ideas ??? What works best ?

Andy
Andy Don makes a left side mounting base or a Right side mounting base. Or you can mount it on the floor. Good little needle base for the Hydros that have a center engine location & not a lot of room inside the engine bay area. I like my needle base as close to the carb as possible, But others do mount them behind the engine. Closer to the radio box. if you can mount it & get a servo arm to it plus take advantage of 90 degrees of the stroke you will be OK. The OS needle threads are course & adjust the needle settings quickly. P.S On a Mono I would mount on the RS of the engine on the top of the stringer. try to keep it just above the highest fuel level to prevent siphoning of fuel. Hope this helps jw

Thanks Joe ,

Don do you have a pic somewere of a RH base mounted on a mono stringer- or just of the RH base itself. Im curious how it attaches to the stringer.

Andy

Andy

Thanks Joe ,

Don do you have a pic somewere of a RH base mounted on a mono stringer- or just of the RH base itself. Im curious how it attaches to the stringer.

Andy
Right side of boat. mounted on the engine mount between the stringer plate (bolted to the stringer plate) of the mount and the engine mount pad. Drill the upper hole to fit the engine mount bolt that goes throught the plate and the stringer then drilll and tap the stringer for the lower hole and use a short screw. It is easy to maintain here and there are NO flow problems. PLUS you can pull off the upper line to fuel the boat. We use the rear bolt that hold s the mount in the boat. It was too crowded in the front hole. ( plumbing and etc.) Lots of work but worth it.

Andy

Thanks Joe ,

Andy
Right side of boat. mounted on the engine mount between the stringer plate (bolted to the stringer plate) of the mount and the engine mount pad. Drill the upper hole to fit the engine mount bolt that goes throught the plate and the stringer then drilll and tap the stringer for the lower hole and use a short screw. It is easy to maintain here and there are NO flow problems. PLUS you can pull off the upper line to fuel the boat. We use the rear bolt that hold s the mount in the boat. It was too crowded in the front hole. ( plumbing and etc.) Lots of work but worth it.
Clear as mud Norm :rolleyes:

I assume your refering to the 20 Seaducer ?? Dont have a pic you can email me do ya ???

Andy
Well I don't have a pic of it on a mono stringer (I'm a hydro guy) but if you go to my pics gallery the RH base is there. For the "leftie" it's exactly the opposite, just print the picture of the "rightie" & hold it up to a mirror. :D

Andy
Well I don't have a pic of it on a mono stringer (I'm a hydro guy) but if you go to my pics gallery the RH base is there. For the "leftie" it's exactly the opposite, just print the picture of the "rightie" & hold it up to a mirror. :D
Thanks Don. :D :p :lol: :p :D :p <_<

Andy

Thanks Joe ,

Andy

I assume your refering to the 20 Seaducer ?? Dont have a pic you can email me do ya ???
Yes Karen's little Blue Boat.... Camera is not available at the moment. Buckshot pretty much has the same deal in his picture posted. I will see what I can do later. One other tidbid. If you are running a 20 or 40 use the OS ;) needle that has the groove rolled into the thumbwheel. The other needle is for larger engines. ;)

Here you go Andy.
-Buck-
Sweet - Thanks Buck.

I assume the rounded cutouts in the front of the radio box tray stringer are for push-rod clearance ??? as well as the notch in the steering push-rod hull exit ?? I like the stuff tube mount also- nice work. ;)

Andy

Andy

Thanks Joe ,

Andy

Yes Karen's little Blue Boat.... Camera is not available at the moment. Buckshot pretty much has the same deal in his picture posted. I will see what I can do later. One other tidbid. If you are running a 20 or 40 use the OS ;) needle that has the groove rolled into the thumbwheel. The other needle is for larger engines. ;)

Thanks Norm, the fine and course needle- my next question !!! B) Send me pics also when you can,

Andy

Andy

Thanks Joe ,

Andy

Thanks Norm, the fine and course needle- my next question !!! B) Send me pics also when you can,

Andy
Andy when you receive the OS needle kit there are 2 different needles in the bag. The needle with the line around the head of the needle is a slow taper. Used for 20-40 needle bases with a small bore hole..... The other needle in the bag has NO markings around the head But it is a faster taper needle. It is used on the needle bases Don has marked for 67-80-100 use with a Larger bore hole. jw

Here you go Andy.
-Buck-
Sweet - Thanks Buck.

I assume the rounded cutouts in the front of the radio box tray stringer are for push-rod clearance ??? as well as the notch in the steering push-rod hull exit ?? I like the stuff tube mount also- nice work. ;)

Andy
The bulkhead was replaced with what you see in the photos to clear the push rod seals and switch.

This is the first mono I have built were I didn't glue in a stuffing tube support to the bottom of the boat. I never really liked doing it that way and this seems a LOT better. I think it looks better also.

It's hard to see in the photos but that is the OS needle with the grooved head. ;)

Regards,

-Buck-

Here you go Andy.
-Buck-
Sweet - Thanks Buck.

Andy
The bulkhead was replaced with what you see in the photos to clear the push rod seals and switch.

This is the first mono I have built were I didn't glue in a stuffing tube support to the bottom of the boat. I never really liked doing it that way and this seems a LOT better. I think it looks better also.

It's hard to see in the photos but that is the OS needle with the grooved head. ;)

Regards,

-Buck-

Buck I have to agree with the setup looking very clean. I really like the stuff tube idea, why not an oiler there also ?? If I hang onto to my 60/80 you can bet it will look very simular B) B)

Nice work, thanks for sharing the pics. When you get the radio box laid out , Id like to see more if you don't mind. Im very interested to see the final outcome of the c-notches in the front bulkhead.

Merry Christmas, Andy

Don't like oilers personally.

I like to grease by hand to allow inspection for deficiencies.

The boat has been finished for a few weeks now but it hasn't been ran yet.

Happy Holidays,

-Buck-

Back