FE tunnel SV vs UL-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With 4S 1P, start with an X438 and get used to that, then up it to a X637 or 640, check temps when going up in prop

Well, it has been very cold here up until this last week. I am going to switch to a 1518 1y on the 36" woodstuff so I can try for 70mph, but waiting on water cooling from OSE for it. I will need water cooling very soon on my castle motors as air temps rise. I run the 1512 1y 2650kv castle on my 32" woodstuff, 4s1p, and I am doing 61.7mph on a 42mm prop. The 1515 36" woodstuff is running a 46mm prop. Had good luck so far. It was actually suprising the power they have. Mike

Got my new cowling paint job done on the woodstuffs, and painted my kneeler. Had to share it, I'm excited!

IMGP1408.jpg

IMGP1412.jpg

IMGP1413.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, SV27 motor on that leecraft might be the ticket because of the weight. Those are heavier hulls than say the VS1, and the extra torque is gonna help ya out. Mike
I have a lee craft set with ul-l motor and speed controler boat was clocked at 54mph... I dont run electric anymore will sell if interested.

Advise me what you want for the UL-1 equipped tunnel, and send some pics if you have them to "[email protected]" please. Thanks, James Beasley

i will be posting pics of the 1515 leecraft soon, almost got it ready to hit the water. thanks again kris for the parts and techniques. did the upside down in the tub test and not a drop inside. just need to mount the battery, reciever, bec and a few heat shrinks and stuff then its off to the pond. i will get some video up soon.

kris or mike - what are you guys using to mount the battery? i am a little scared to just use velcro because i know that my nitro tunnels take some pertty violent flips. i have seen in the past batteries come loose and tear the hatch off and would hate to see that happen...

thanks

ok, ran it today..... this thing is a little sweetheart!

i was using a grim 40x53 with 30c 5000 turnigy packs. i put it in and was close right off the bat, ride angle good and turns well. i just did 2 short runs and it was easily as fast as 3.5 nitro. i had the timing set low due to the packs and still everything was cool. i could tell that i need more battery because it would accelerate to a good speed and then just top off after a short distance. i have 1 thunderpower 5000 40c that i am sure will wake this thing up to the tune of about 5mph with higher timing. the motor temp was good but i might consider adding water cooling to it. will post more info and video next time out. for now i am back to the pond to run nitro tunnels (it is only a couple blocks from home and i just wanted to give this one a test run)

Hey Chuck,

Did you go for a pull pull set up on your steering? Dose it hold up?

Also.. how nice is Kris's FE to OS mount!?! ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Currently I just use the 2" velcro sold by Offshoreelectrics.com in my boats and it holds it pretty damm good. For some extra security buy some velcro loops and glue them into the hull and wrap them around the packs.

Kris

yes i just used 2" velcro.... it didnt seem to want to blow over but i know it is just a mater of time...

i use a pull pull cable set up for now. i am planning on switching to 440 rods from the cables once i get the height set where i want it. i am tight from trandsom to steering arm so i need to find out where i want it before drilling holes for the rods/seals. with the cables i have a little room to play with untill i can get it where i want it.

as for the adaptor from kris? TOP NOTCH SH!T!! as everything i have got from him it is quality stuff.... i have nothing but good stuff to say about kris because he has helped me out with advice and parts. i use his cables in all my nitro and fe boats as wel as other parts he saved the day with. he is a class act and i cant say enough good stuff about him.......

played a little more. this thing is awsome. i got the hull set-up pretty good although it is way to fast for my pond, i was running the grim 42x55 with good results and low temps. i got up to a m545 and was just too fast for what i need. the temps never got out of hand. was pulling easy mid 50's and i wouldnt be suprised if it would high 50's with a little space to run. i think i probablly should have stuck with my original idea of a spec ul-1 set but that is in the near future.

my problem now (this is true for my nitro tunnel also).

i have to blip the throtle in the turns to get the front end to drop and turn tight. it turns fine nose high in the big sweepers like at a real race track but at the small pond the turns are alot tighter. i am thinking that this is going to have to be a driver thing because when i lower the nose it plows the water in the straights and scrubs off speed. i know there is a fine line between to loose and too wet but when i get it running loose like i want it just wont turn. the good news is that i have to let off for the turn, not because it is becoming flighty. 3 batteries and it never once blew over, i did submarine once which was ok because it proved that the salt water doesnt matter.

Back