FE comes to TCBM

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osracer

The Twin Cities Model Boat Club has added FE to it's point series. P-Limited Sport Hydro and P-Limited Tunnel classes have been added. We currently have four of each and are trying to promote more interest. If you live in Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin and want to run FE now you have a place to do it. There will be five points races and the possibility of a couple more fun runs. We are also going to have a RTR class in hopes of getting some brand new people into the hobby. You will find the TCMBC people a good group and fun to race with. If you have been thinking FE now is the time to start building. We hope to see some new faces next summer.

Bill Wachtler

That's GREAT news! I will have a tunnel for sure. Since most of us are new to FE. I would advise people to reed the IMPBA rules for FE racing, in section J of the IMPBA rule book ( they are slightly different than nitro ). It starts on J-3 and goes to J-5.

Can't wait

TL

Last edited by a moderator:
Us cheese heads are looking forward to traveling up your way for a few races next season. Hopefully some of you can make a few District 4 races too. We run P-Ltd Sporty Hydro, P-Ltd Tunnel, and P-Ltd Hydro (rigger). Some of us can bring nitro boats as well to add to those classes too. District 4 should have our race dates in place by Dec/Jan. When you guys get your race dates locked in let us know so we can make plans.

Sean

Us cheese heads are looking forward to traveling up your way for a few races next season. Hopefully some of you can make a few District 4 races too. We run P-Ltd Sporty Hydro, P-Ltd Tunnel, and P-Ltd Hydro (rigger). Some of us can bring nitro boats as well to add to those classes too. District 4 should have our race dates in place by Dec/Jan. When you guys get your race dates locked in let us know so we can make plans.

Sean
Hey Sean Bring your nitro boats along too. :)

Excellent! I love sport 40.

Another member of our FE crew also runs sport 20, so there will be one of those too.

Yes I do. It's a Sport 40 that's come back home.

Hey Joe, When did you move to Wisconsin? That's Big Bryon"s old boat. Unless he was racing it at Nicols before 2006 it probably has never been to Eagan before you bought it. That was a smokin' fast boat when Bryon was running it with a Mac .45. The guy he sold it to had a gold head CMB in it at Mendota in 2009.

Yes I do. It's a Sport 40 that's come back home.

Hey Joe, When did you move to Wisconsin? That's Big Bryon"s old boat. Unless he was racing it at Nicols before 2006 it probably has never been to Eagan before you bought it. That was a smokin' fast boat when Bryon was running it with a Mac .45. The guy he sold it to had a gold head CMB in it at Mendota in 2009.
You sure Larry? I could have swore that I've seen this boat at the end of the 2010 season(in Bryon's possession)?

Whatever the case, Joe you have a jem. Big Brian's stuff is always fast and very well taken care of, not to mention one hell of a nice guy.

Now lets talk FE, got a AQ motor and esc in the mail today! :D

TL

Count me in.

I live in Plymouth and have been part of the Edina Model Yacht Club F/E group for years. Been looking for a new place to run.

Count me in.
I live in Plymouth and have been part of the Edina Model Yacht Club F/E group for years. Been looking for a new place to run.
Welcome Dan

The 2012 season should be a blast. You probable know Joe. Hope to see you at the pond!

TL

Welcome Dan,

We have a great group of racers in the TCMBC. If you need info on the club just give me a PM or email at the addy below.

Mark

Count me in.

Come join us Dan. The Twin Cities Model Boat Club has been around since before R/C.

Back