Fall Nationals Race Information & Race Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIG THANKS to the Charleston Club for a KICK A$$ Race. The Level of Competition in ALL...did I say ALL......ALL classes was at the highest level.OH......I had Fun on Saturday Afternoon............!!! Thanks!!! ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

For me as a TWIN Pilot...........Round TWO!!!! Was Priceless............Expensive.....But Priceless!!!! For the Key board Racers that are still typing about things they do not know....SHUT UP, SIGN UP, and PUT UP!!!! I have named that lake the "GREEN MONSTER" it ate everything that ran on it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: CONGRATS To Brett on his WIN.

My Personal Thanks to TEAM ROAD RUNNER...........RALPH AND JOE. For without either I do not race.

Last edited by a moderator:
The final results have now been posted to rcracingevents, race results, Charleston Model Boaters, 2013 Fall Nationals, located at http://www.rcracingevents.com

Race highlights:

1. The weather was outstanding, lows in the mid 60's, highs in the mid 70's to 80, no rain, light winds, perfect racing weather.

2. Racing was exceptionally fast with very intense competition among all of the racers, just what a national championship race deserves. Kudos to all of the racers who were kind and helpful when the race needed help to continue the race to progress forward.

3. Stan Simpson IV won E Mono, E Hydro and 2nd in D Hydro classes. An exceptional performance considering the incredible talent at the race.

4. The nitro twins were the most awesome display of raw thunderous power, having many on their feet with everyone watching. Alex Black's Roadrunner with CMB 91 VAC's was the best boat of the class and won it outright.

5. The top qualifiers for the all nitro Twin Rigger Shootout race were Alex, Tom Elkins, Larry Beals, Tom Foley, Ralph Almirola and Brett English. Ralph nailed the start and held it for 1.5 laps until he hit a hole from the wakes of the monsters running. Alex was running him down and took over the lead and was pulling away until he hit a hole on lap 6 between buoys 2 & 3. Brett took over the lead and took home his second consecutive Twin Rigger Shootout Championship. Congrats to Brett for winning the Shootout.

6. The most interesting race was a runoff in the Classic Thunderboat class for 1st place between Carol and Dick Loeb. Just think of the possibilities of the outcome of that runoff for the ride home and at the home front. Carol took the lead at the start and held it throughout the rest and took the win and the class. Carol is now a National Champion for the Fall Nationals for the first time. Well done to both Carol and Dick.

7. The Saturday evening redneck party was a real hoot as some videos are now popping up show. Greatest thanks for Joe Tumbleston, our lake owner and CMB member, for hosting it and providing a 125 lb. hog for the pig roast and getting a live band for it. Thanks to Jeni Johnson for coordinating the party for Joe and all.

8. My personal thanks to Stu Barr, Bruce Jacobs, Randy Corbin, Don Ferrette, Chuck Simmons, Ron Shaw and Ron Meek for assisting me with the CD duties. It takes a good team to CD a race this large and of the stature of the Fall Nationals. Special thanks to Margeaux Corbin for doing the scoring for me at the race.

9. There is one downside to the race however, and that were several racers that did not show up at the race and did not contact me in advance. There were a couple of people waiting for slots in classes that those racers held and ended not getting in. I did not know if they were delayed due to auto troubles, a later arrival at the race, etc. That is simply not right to do that to the host club and the other racers. Please use more consideration for future races and contact the race administrator in advance.

Looking forward to next years race, which will be October 10-12, 2014. Put it on your race calendar for 2014, you will not be disappointed.

After working on this race for the past 5 months, it is now time for a rest.
John...I hope you did not forget about the "NEW" Stan Simpson rule. It was well deserved... Thx again to the CMB club for putting on another great race.

Stan,

Congrats again on your strong showing in the hydro classes. I still think it would have been a hoot to see you running in the tunnel classes with us and the scale class as well!!!!...... :lol:

By the way, I guess you proved once and for all that those JAE "ski" boats really are good for something other than SAWS!!!!!.................... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :ph34r:
Thanks Ron...one day I will tackle the Outboards. The rigger's that I am running are pretty strong,I have some people in the shadow's that are helping me get pointed in the right direction with the JAE...and you know who you are. It is always a work in progress with my dad and me...lets see how far we can go. Melbourne's race is next here in D3,and there are a lot of fast riggers here,so I hope they come out to play for double points and the last race for us till Orlando's Winter Nats.(another race for people to come south to play) See you guys soon..

P.S. Big Chuck...I LOVE YOUR PIC'S!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back