F1 tunnel 2011 design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Elson

Hi guys,1st time posting on here,iv been working on this project for awhile now.

I wanted to design a more modern day looking F1,im real happy how shes turned out but wanted to share and see what sort of feed back i get as the plans are ready to be laser cut once testing is complete.

Initial testing will be done on 4s setup then if all OK ill step it up to 5s

4S SETUP

Leopard 3674,2200kv

Swordfish 120 ESC

OS lower unit

4s,5000mah,30c lipos

4214 prop

15kg,hi torq,MG,digi servo

PICS

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

Link to build pics: *http://s577.photobuc...20project%2030/

Heres the vids of maiden voyage.

The 1st vid is with 4214 prop but cavitation was the issue.

Stepped up to M445 which was a big difference.

But overall real happy,handles the choppy water turns at near WOT,doesnt dig in and planes on the edge while being stable,till you go into the oncoming wind then have to back off a little but moving batts forward on windy days can be done easily.

Windy conditions certainly made it fun LOL

On 4214 prop

Action pics

vlcsnap-2011-09-24-20h19m09s164.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-09-24-20h24m23s129.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-09-24-20h25m59s184.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-09-24-20h26m43s177.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-09-24-20h26m52s180.jpg

Iv now upped the power to 5s on leopard 4074,2000kv and swordfish 200esc with etticap bank

Hopefully run soon

Thanks guys

what didnt help was the wind made it interesting for sure

Meant of added the action pics was from second vid and the hull is 32"

The 5s setup will show how stable she is at high speed,should see high 50's to low 60's but ill gps it and get pics and vids

Realy cool.. Baba style and it seems it handles realy nice. Totaly own design ? Have you scaled down from fullscale or?

tobbe

sweden

Hi tobbe

thanks,yep all my own design stated life as pen and paper drawing alot of working out to what you see above ;)

Very nice looking hull and it appears to run very well. Keep us posted on performance and your hardware.

Mic

Dude ya nailed tha UIM F1 H2O look.

Mad Croc is one of my fav's,

Nice very Nice

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gene

mad croc my fav aswell LOL,i was gonna have it air brushed in there livery,but just wanted to get it tested before winter hit us so i can get it laser cut and produce some hulls forsale over the winter period,im also looking at a smaller version up to 1/4 scale size.

Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Thanks Larry

Im hopefully going later today to run on 5s and gps the runs also get a vid or 2,ill keep you posted

Hi guys

Managed to run the F1 on 5s,what a barrel of laughs LOL

But iv got a couple of issues to iron out,the main 1 when its up on plane and starts hitting some speed its drifting to the left and im having to put on alot of opposite to try and correct it.makes driving it fun for sure the other is the porpoising.Any way heres the vids see what you think.

Hi larry,my experiment on the design of the sponson bottoms seems to working great so far im really pleased the results,i think i need to change my radio so i can adjust the sensitivity and epa of the steering,which i havnt got its all or nothing and really sensitive,should help overall control may try pistol aswell as im old fashioned stix LOL

1 thing i have spotted and not sure why but the outboard seems to be leaning slightly rather than being upright so i will reset this and try again and see if that helps.

Somthing else i thought of is maybe iv built the hull to light as its built using 3mm lite-ply and 2mm lite ply topdeck,an oversight on my part and concentrating to much on the other aspects of the design and build,but can easily be rectified once drawings are completed for laser cutting.

But im still happy the results so far just need to learn from it and get it setup the best i can,then move from there

Rgds daz

Hi guys,need your opinion,on all my boats i always offset the strut to the right as you look at transom,iv done it on this build,but iv been studying the vids and looking over the boat etc,im wondering cos the outboard is offset to right 4mm if this is causing the the drifting to the left when its aired out.

What you guys think ?????

I'm far from being an expert, but every tunnel I have had thus far has had the lower unit centered.

Back