F1 28",32",44" & 48" project plugs & moulding

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Elson

Been working on theses the last few days along with the Twin OB cat

There the same design as my previous 2 F1's which have so far performed really well.

The 2 lower hull plugs (44" & 48") in the pics still need final sanding and finishing off the details but the construction side is all done

Im starting the 28" & 32" tonite so will post pics of them once done

The plan is to mould the lowers then build the tops on the new molded bottoms to ensure perfect fit

Still along way to go and alot of work involved but looking forward too it

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like very nice work so far. Man you are just killing me with all these cool builds. :blink:

Thanks Ken

just trying to make some progress this yr and hopefully be able to offer my hulls forsale at some point in the future ;)

Back on these projects now

The 44" is getting there now,done the filling,sanding and now sealed ready to paint

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

Need to pick some more filler up thursday and complete the 48" lower

Hopefully wont be long before i can mould these lowers and build the tops

Once these 2 are complete ill do the smaller sizes

looks good. wouldn't take much to turn that into a mod vp, already about 1/2 way there :rolleyes: . lookin' foward to seeing the smaller ones.

Cheers bud

Mod VP ????

I should have the smaller 1s started soon ;)
mod vp - center section in tunnel needs to be deeper, at least 1" wide at sponson level. sort of a tunnel tri hull. the center section on your design is deeper than most, just a head start on going further & making it a mod vp :D .

the craftsmanship is amazing.. please make a 22-26 incher for .12 size.. my kids would love it!!
Thanks anthony,ill keep it in mind as iv got requests for other sizes aswell

Cheers bud

Mod VP ????

I should have the smaller 1s started soon ;)
mod vp - center section in tunnel needs to be deeper, at least 1" wide at sponson level. sort of a tunnel tri hull. the center section on your design is deeper than most, just a head start on going further & making it a mod vp :D .
Hmmm interesting cool,i might look into that ;)

look on page 5 of this (ob) forum - mod vp rules & set up ;) fun, fun competetive class with impba sport b ob's.

44" F1 lower hull all prepped and coated ready for wetsand and polish up ready for moulding

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

Back on these again now trying to push forward on progress

The 44" lower hull is now ready for several coats of release wax and then moulding,once moulded ill layup 1 lower and build the topdeck

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02159.jpg

DSC02163.jpg

Now time to get on with the 48" version to get it to the same stage

Finally back on this project after been busy with other stuff

managed to lay up 44" mould today just gotta wait a few days now and hope it releases OK then will lay 1 up and build the topdeck on it fingers crossed all goes well

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

will update soon once released

Well here it is released came out good and popped off really easy,easier than thought it would anyways

Next job is too trim it up proper and a wetsand and polish to mirror shine

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

Thanks mark

im using tooling gelcoat for the moulds

cant wait to get it finished though now but still alot to do LOL

Finally got the moulds wetsanded and polished up,gonna start waxing now ready for 1st lower to be layed and start building the topdeck ;)

DSC02319.jpg

DSC02320.jpg

Latest posts

Back