• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

f/s lee craft tunnel rtr

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

Looks like a notch has been cut of the leading edge of the skeg. It also looks as though a repair has been made right where the skeg attaches below the bullet where the prop drive assembly mounts. If that's not the case ok, it's just the wat the pic looks.

Nothing wrong with that lower that is how it was made it is the newer style lower unit. Great deal for $300 people won't even give me $300 for mine

Boating005.jpg

price lowered $ 275.00 shipped lower 48

Bill,

Will you take a close up picture of both sides of the Original red head air cooled K&B engine you started out with, showing the powerhead and lower very clearly, and post? I am still interested in this boat but with the original engine you showed with the boat in your first post, not the most recent post. Looks like you now switched the engine. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ronshaw, 2nd post was not mine , someone else posted that ,thats someone elses boat , the lower unit is as is was never repaired. nothing wrong with it. i dont know what else you want me to do?? 1st post is mine, Bill

Ok. Can you take a close up of both sides of the engine showing the powerhead and lower and post? That will help eliminate the doubt created by your first post. Thanks.

This is about the best i can do , feel free to call me if any questions , Bill 440-449-3971 sorry they are blurred , i'll try again

2011-07-24 002.JPG

2011-07-24 002.JPG

2011-07-24 004.JPG

2011-07-24 005.JPG

Ronshaw, give me a call i'd like to discuss this with you, Bill 440-449-3971

2011-07-24 007.JPG

2011-07-24 006.JPG

Bill,

I'll try to call you tomorrow or Tues. Do you see the notch out of the front of the skeg? On the port side of the skeg where it was built up by K&B, near the intersection of the bullet it looks like the lower was repaired at some point in the past as well. It also looks like the back side of the skeg facing the prop was trimmed 1/4" or so. These lower halves are about $75-90 if you can get them so this is my concern. Even with your pics it us hard to see with the lack of proper lighting. The first pics showed this area the best. It someone offers you what you are asking until we sort this out, I understand. Thanks.

Ronshaw, you can't repair or weld this stuff , cant do it i've been told , not repairable , cant do !!! call me and if your so concerned about lower unit we will work something out < Bill

Bill,

I'll try to call you tomorrow or Tues. Do you see the notch out of the front of the skeg? On the port side of the skeg where it was built up by K&B, near the intersection of the bullet it looks like the lower was repaired at some point in the past as well. It also looks like the back side of the skeg facing the prop was trimmed 1/4" or so. These lower halves are about $75-90 if you can get them so this is my concern. Even with your pics it us hard to see with the lack of proper lighting. The first pics showed this area the best. It someone offers you what you are asking until we sort this out, I understand. Thanks.

This is very true...I just went on Mecoa's site out of curiosity and the 7.5 lower ends/ halves are either "sold out" or are "In Process" which means just what Ron is saying.... I'm sure there are members on here that have these halves for sale but these seem to be on the rarer side to obtain....

Nice Leecraft nonetheless!! :)

-Kent

Ronshaw, you can't repair or weld this stuff , cant do it i've been told , not repairable , cant do !!! call me and if your so concerned about lower unit we will work something out < Bill

Bill,

I've seen people try to use marinetex to repair. Are you not willing to post clear close up pics of both sides of the engine and skeg? Turn on the light. That would help. That's all I need to see.

Willing to throw in a pipe and another lower unit on this deal, Bill

Ok Bill, I got your pics and we are all set. I will take the Leecraft with the Red Head air cooled engine, extra lower, and pipe for $275 shipped. Email me your PayPal account and I will send you the money as a gift so you will not be charged fees. Thanks.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BOAT IS SOLD TO RON >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Latest posts

Back